FORTY-THREE [UNEDITED]

"Stefan and I kissed." Aurelia stated to Caroline through the phone. "God, why do we keep kissing each other?! We just went back to being friends!"

"You said it was a birthday gift. Are you sure it wasn't just a one-time thing?"

"I don't know. As much as I pretend to know about modern-world concepts, I don't understand them. So, please tell me what a birthday gift kiss means, Care."

"Maybe he just wanted to give you a good gift. I mean, I'd want a gift like that."

"So, you're trying to say that we can still be friends?" She asked, hearing a hum on the other end.

"Look, if he's gonna act differently, kick his ass. He made the move."

"You do have a point." She said. "Okay, whatever." She said. "What about you? What's up?"

"Stress-cleaning." Aurelia frowned.

"And why is that?"

"Boy drama, you know, w-with, um, T-Tyler being back and all. Okay, I gotta go."

"Love you." She said. "Bye."

"Love you more." She ended the call, walking into the living room. However, she made a face, unable to find anyone. She walked out, before seeing that the door to the basement was open.

She sighed, going towards the basement, when Stefan emerged from it. She jumped at his sudden appearance, but smiled nonetheless. "Good Morning." She said.

"Hey." He said. "I just got off the phone with Caroline."

"What were you talking about?" She asked.

"Well, we were talking about Damon, and how he and Elena breaking up was bad for him. He also hid Katherine's body 'where it belonged' in the process. When I convinced him that he was an idiot for breaking up with Elena, he went ahead to mope around upstairs." He explained. "And then, we went to the topic of where Elena was."

"Isn't she on campus?" She asked. He shook her head. "Okay, so she just disappeared." She pressed her lips together. "Goodie."

"And now, I think we all should go to the Grill, because Caroline is coming." Aurelia smiled. "So, come on."

!

"Come on. Katherine is exactly where she always belonged." Damon said, taking a drink as Aurelia looked at Stefan in triumph. "I'm not giving her body back."

"Told you so." She said, finishing her glass. "One more, because I haven't had this much to drink." Stefan sighed, taking her glass.

"Quit making that damn pouty face." Damon said. Stefan looked up at him.

"I'm not giving you the pouty face. This is my 'you're being a dick face'." Aurelia stifled a laugh. "Elena hasn't called you back. It's making you completely miserable."

"Yeah." Damon said. "I'm completely miserable." Aurelia looked at him, shocked.

"Come on, Damon, I had 5 bucks on you." She said. Stefan smiled.

"And now, you owe me." He told her. She huffed, taking out some money from her pockets.

"There."

"That's 4." She frowned.

"That's 5." She said. He shook his head, holding up the notes. "Yeah, it's 5. No, actually, it's 8." She said, tilting her head in confusion. He kept down the notes, before taking her glass.

"You're drunk." He said. "And cut off." She pouted, as he looked at Damon. "Why are you giving me the pouty face now?"

"It's your fault for telling me to get her back." He said.