•17•

School, September 23rd, 2:15pm

Students gathered their textbooks as they rushed into class. Today they were super stressed out, because they had an English test.

"At least this is open book." said one of the students.

"Omg I know right." replied another.

Mr. Frozone then approached the SMART board, cool as ice.

"So kiddos the test is about to start...I need you all to sit down quietly so I can take attendance."

As instructed, Penny then handed out the test sheets. The students began flipping through their notes and textbooks, and Hiro was twiddling his pencil in his hand.

Tap, tap, tap.

Hiro was still anxious.

"It's just a stupid test...why am I so worried?"

His face began to sweat.

"Just look over the notes Hiro, everything is going to be okay".

He couldn't focus.

"Ugh! Why can't I read anything right now!"

He slammed his English textbook shut. He looked in front of him and it appeared to be that Mr. Frozone was gone. He decided to turn to the door, discovering that his teacher was just talking to Kristoff the janitor.

He contemplated getting up and walking out of the class, but instead decided to stay in his seat.

He turned back to the front of the class, and instead of seeing the SMART board, he saw a familiar face look back at his.

"Tony?" He asks quietly.

Seated at a desk, after turning around in a seat, Tony Rydinger stares into Hiro's chocolate brown orbs with his casual annoyed look on his face.

"Stop messing with the textbook. Hiro." He said through gritted teeth.

Hiro's face went as red as tomato, he looked down at the textbook, he wasn't doing anything.

Hiro looked back up at Tony and tilted his head.

'Does is brother you Tony?' Hiro heard his voice somewhere else in the room.

"WhAt?!" Hiro screamed, his voice cracking.

"Hiro- please- stop. You're gonna get in trouble." He looked nervous.

Hiro looked at him, getting overwhelmed.

"Hiro- Stop you're going to get in trouble." He mouthed.

Hiro looked around, sweating.

"I'm not doing anything!" he screamed.

"Stop ripping pages out of the textbook!" Tony then blurted out loudly.

Feeling the room start to spin, Hiro then felt a sudden urge to grab the textbook. Out of impulse he yanked it off the desk and threw it towards Tony's direction.

"Hiro! Hiro!?"! He heard as the textbook spun in the air.

"Hir-OW!" Mr. Frozone screamed as the textbook hit him in the face.

"Wh-What?!" Hiro shook his head. "M-Mr. Frozone I'm so sorry I didn't mean to-"

"Oh- Uh- it's okay kid. Maybe you should go take a breather." Mr. Frozone rubbed his right cheek.

"Oh- Okay. I'm so, so sorry-" Hiro awkwardly stood up, making his way to the door.

Hiro accidentally ran into the door frame, he laughed, and walked out of the room.

His heart pounded quickly as his rushed to the bathroom. He slammed the door shut, and locked it.

Hiro walked to the sinks, and placed his sweaty palms onto the marble counter.

He looked at himself, he thought about how he was once a boy who knew what he wanted, but was now just an adolescent who had no idea who he even was anymore.

Shame filled Hiro like an overflowing glass. He let one of his best friends get killed, yet he could've stopped it from happening before it was too late.

And the other was currently being held captive. He could've just explained, or have Tony stop student services, but Tony probably would've died regardless.

Hiro sighed looking at himself. He felt like a monster. "What would Tadashi think of me now?"

 "What would Tadashi think of me now?"

"I'm so sorry..." He started to cry intensely. Tears streaming down his face.

"Tony hates me now. Wilbur and Tadashi are gone. Violet and Penny will hate me if they figure this out... i wish I never made that stupid deal!"

"Maybe I should explain myself to Tony. Maybe he'd understand the situation I'm in... oh don't be ridiculous. Nobody would ever understand what I did. I don't even myself. why did I let Wilbur die. Just why." He crosses his arms on the counter, and put his head on his arms.

He cried into his sweater sleeve for minutes.

He needed to fix this. But he didn't know how.