Chapter 1: My Promise

Hotshot was walking alone through the halls of the Training Center. It was getting pretty late but not late enough that he needed to be recharging.

In a matter of minutes, Hotshot found himself outside of the Academy. The scene before him was absolutely breathtaking. He had the most amazing view of the ocean and the sun setting in the background made it even more amazing.

But Hotshot wasn't here to look at the view.

Hotshot transformed into his jet mode and took off into the air. He turned to face the top of the Academy and flew straight to the cliff that overlooked the ocean and the Academy.

When he found a good place on the cliff, Hotshot transformed back into his bot mode. He turned around to see a certain red and white medical bot sitting on the edge of the cliff.

"Hey babe", Hotshot said as he approached the bot.

"You're late", Medix said as Hotshot sat next to him.

"Only by a minute. Besides, you were late for our date last week", Hotshot sassed.

Medix snorted and gave him a small smile, "Fair enough. Anyway, hello to you too."

Hotshot giggled as they kissed each other sweetly. Today marked their one year anniversary of getting together.

Hotshot rested his forehelm against Medix's when they let go of their kiss, "Happy Anniversary, Medix."

"Happy Anniversary, Hotshot", Medix said sweetly, "Oh! I got something for you!"

"You did?"

Medix nodded as he helped Hotshot up and brought him over to a picnic blanket. On the blanket sat a basket full of energon and a beautifully wrapped red present with a yellow bow.

The young mechs sat down next to each other on the blanket.

"You did all this??", Hotshot said in awe.

"Of course!", Medix said happily, "I wanted to make this extra special since today is our special day! Do you like it?"

Hotshot kissed his boyfriend sweetly, "I love it! This looks amazing!! Wait..."

"You're amazing! JINX!!", they both laughed at their own ridiculousness.

"Thank you", Medix said with a smile. He then picked up the beautifully wrapped present and handed it to Hotshot, "this is for you."

Hotshot carefully took the present and placed it in his lap, "Wow babe! Did you wrap this??"

Medix's smile widened as he nodded.

Hotshot was stunned, "This is beautiful! The colors look like me! I'd hate to tear this up."

Medix rolled his optics playfully, "Just open it. It wont hurt my feelings."

Hotshot immediately tore into the present, smiling widely as Medix laughed at the mess he was making. He then saw that it was a large box, "A box! Medix, how did you know I wanted a box??"

Being with Hotshot for a year, Medix could immediately tell when he was joking. He chuckled softly, "Open it you dork."

Hotshot playfully stuck out his glossa at the young medic, opening the box as they both giggled.

Medix noticed Hotshot's shocked expression when he looked at the contents of the box, "Do you like it?? Did I get everything right?? I can return it and get you something el-"

Hotshot hugged him tightly, "I love it!! How did you know I needed new cube gear??"

"I saw that your old gear was getting old and worn out. Did I get everything right?", Medix questioned.

Hotshot tried on all the gear and smiled widely, "It's perfect!"

Hotshot then took off his new gear and hugged his boyfriend again, "Thanks babe!!"

Medix gave him a kiss, "You're welcome sweetspark. I'm glad you like it."

Hotshot nuzzled his boyfriend sweetly and then cleaned up his mess, putting his gear back in the box as Medix started getting some energon from the basket.

Hotshot stopped him, "You want to refuel first or do you want your present?"

"You got me a present??"

"Well duh. Today's an important day! I wouldn't show up without a present for the bot I love."

Medix giggled, "Did you practice that line before coming here?"

"Would you be mad if I said that I did?"

Medix bursted out laughing.

Hotshot loved listening to Medix's laugh. Hearing his laugh always put him in a really good mood for the rest of the day.

As soon as Medix stopped laughing, Hotshot could finally focus, "You ready for your present?"

"Affirmative", Medix said as he smiled sweetly.

Hotshot's spark fluttered at the sight. He sat down in front of the young medic and pulled out a small box.

"This is for you", Hotshot said as he handed the small box to Medix.

"What is it?"

"Open it."

Medix opened the small box and almost broke down crying as he placed a servo over his mouth.

Hotshot saw the tears and freaked out, "Whoa Medix! I'm sorry! Maybe I should've-"

"I love it", Medix said through tears, "it's beautiful.."

Hotshot had the goofiest grin on his faceplates, "Really??", a nod, "well put it on!"

"Can you put it on for me?", Medix smiled.

Hotshot gave him the sweetest smile, "Sure thing babe."

Medix let Hotshot take the box. Hotshot then took out a silver ring that had the initial "h" in cursive. He then gently took Medix's left servo and slid the ring onto his middle digit.

Tears fell as Medix brought Hotshot in for another kiss, his arms wrapping around Hotshot's neck as Hotshot wrapped his arms around his waist.

Hotshot was the first to break away, staring into Medix's optics lovingly, "You know what the "h" stands for, right?"

"Well of course!", Medix smirked, "It stands for "Hoist"!"

"HEY-"

Medix couldn't hold in his laughter, "I'm kidding. I know it stands for "Hotshot", better known as the best boyfriend ever."

Hotshot smiled widely, "Thanks babe."

Medix was now curious, "So, is this ring what humans call-?"

"A promise ring", Hotshot confirmed, "I think our relationship is pretty serious, so I thought a promise ring would be great!"

"You know this also means commitment, right?"

Hotshot brought Medix closer, resting their forehelms together, "Of course."

Medix bursted into tears of joy as he hugged Hotshot, "Ohhhh Hotshot!!! Thank you so much sweetspark! This ring, and the promise that goes with it, is beyond perfect!"

Hotshot brought Medix in for a fierce kiss, breaking briefly to say sweetly, "You're welcome babe. I love you."

"I love you too", Medix said happily, laughing uncontrollably as Hotshot kissed him excessively.