Chapter 8: The Storm

"Rescue Bot Recruits, do you copy?", Chase said through the command center.

The Rescue Bots all stood there with worried looks as they waited for a response.

"We copy!!", Medix yelled through the comm, "We seem to be trapped in some sort of sandstorm!"

"Stand by", Chase said, "I'll see if I can get a visual. Is there any visibility within the storm?"

"Negative!", Whirl yelled, "I can barely see my own two servos in front of me!"

"And the sand feels like nails against our metal!", Wedge said slightly pained.

"Stay calm and stick together", Heatwave ordered, "the groundbridge has malfunctioned and Boulder is working as fast as he can to get it fixed."

"But what about the humans??", Hoist added, "Don't they need saving??"

Chase was able to get a visual and his spark instantly dropped at what he saw.

The storm was about to get worse.

And he couldn't see the recruits.

"I hope Boulder fixes the groundbridge quickly... the recruits definitely won't survive this...", Chase said to Heatwave.

Heatwave was at a total loss. He didn't know what to do.

And the longer he waited, the more dangerous the storm became.

Suddenly the door slid open.

"Hotshot?!", Blades shrieked.

Hotshot stumbled as he walked, Blades catching him before he could hit the floor.

"You should be resting!", Blades said, "You're not fully healed!"

"My friends and my promise are out there", Hotshot managed to say, "and I want to help."

"Hotshot..."

"We could use all the help we can get", Heatwave spoke up, "Chase, go help Boulder with the groundbridge."

Chase nodded and ran out of the room.

Heatwave stepped away from the command center, "We have visual and comms are functioning. I hope you know what you're doing, Hotshot."

Blades helped guide Hotshot to the chair in front of the command center and helped him sit down.

Hotshot looked up at Heatwave, "I don't... but I'm still gonna try."

Heatwave smiled at that.

Hotshot then got on the comms, "Listen up team."

"Hotshot?!", Wedge said in shock.
"Whoa! Hey buddy!!", Hoist said happily.
"Whoo-hoo! He's back!!", Whirl cheered.
"OH THANK THE ALLSPARK YOU'RE OKAY!!!", Medix cried.

Hotshot smiled widely but quickly refocused, "Yes, I'm okay, but right now I need to get you all out of this storm. Everyone, lights on."

The recruits turned on their lights.

"Are your lights on?"

"Affirmative sweetspark", Medix said through tears.

"Good. Now Whirl, I need you to use your rotors. Hoist, tie one of your winch whips to her and use your other to tie onto Wedge and Medix. That way you all can stick together", Hotshot ordered.

The recruits did exactly as ordered. Whirl lead the way as her rotors blew away the sand.

"Hotshot, are we heading the right way?", Whirl asked.