Chapter 11: The Cave

"Hotshot, get back here! You're not fully healed yet!", Blades yelled as he ran after Hotshot.

Hotshot blasted through the halls in his jet mode, completely ignoring Blades' outcries.

He had to get to the groundbridge.
He had to go save Medix.
Hell, he needed to save Medix!

Hotshot could see the entrance to the groundbridge.
He was so close...

Boulder stepped right in the way of the entrance trying to stop him from going any further, "Hotshot stop! You are unfit to rescue!"

Hotshot didn't slow down.

Boulder was completely prepared for Hotshot to slam into him.

What he wasn't prepared for was for Hotshot to transform at the right moment, slide between his pedes, and then jump over the railway toward the groundbridge.

Chase blocked him from entering the bridge, "Halt! You are not permitted to go beyond this point!"

Hotshot definitely wasn't going to take no for an answer. He started running straight toward Chase.

Suddenly, Hotshot was lifted off the ground and could feel himself being restrained.

"LET ME GO!!"

"No Hotshot", Heatwave said sternly, "You're staying here while the rest of us head out there."

Hotshot was absolutely livid as he struggled under Heatwave's grasp, "YOU'RE NOT GOING WITHOUT ME!!"

Heatwave stayed calm, "Yes, we are. You still need time to heal from your injuries-"

"I DON'T CARE!", Hotshot shrieked, "ALL I CARE ABOUT IS SAVING MY MEDIX!! HE'S MY PROMISE! I'M HIS PROMISE! I PROMISED TO BE THERE FOR HIM NO MATTER WHAT!!!"

The Rescue Bots were speechless. Each of them glancing at each other in shock.

Hotshot continued to struggle.

Heatwave finally gave in after getting a certain look from Blades, "I can't argue with that..."

The groundbridge then flared to life.

As soon as Hotshot was set on the ground, he was already through the bridge.

What Hotshot saw before him made his spark shatter on the spot.

His team was desperately doing everything they could to remove the rocks.

Hoist looked over at an angry Hotshot, "Hotshot!"

"What are you doing here?!", Wedge yelled.

"This is far too risky for the condition you're in!", Whirl cautioned.

"Shut up", Hotshot said seriously, "we have to save Medix. Now. Has he said anything?"

"Nothing!", Hoist said as he removed more rocks, "That's why we're trying to get to him!"

Suddenly, the Rescue Bots came through the groundbridge.

Heatwave took charge, "Chase and Whirl, there's a tunnel that leads deep into the cave. Find it and track down anyone that might be in the caves."

Chase and Whirl transformed and sped off.

Heatwave continued, "Wedge and Hoist, you two are with me and Boulder. We're gonna try and get through these rocks."

Wedge, Hoist, and Boulder got straight to work.

Heatwave then turned to Hotshot, "Hotshot, you have the most important job. I know how much Medix means to you, so I'll need you to get to him as quickly as possible."