Chapter 4: Regret

"He's lost a lot of energon."

....

"I knew I shouldn't have sent you all alone.."

....

"It's not your fault Heatwave..."

....

"Yes it is Blades... I knew this was too much for them to handle..."

....

"Professor Boulder? Can you hand me those tissues?"

"Of course Whirl."

"Thank you. Here you go Medix..."

...?

"I shouldn't have left him... this is all my fault..."

"Medix... you did exactly what you needed to-"

"No I didn't!!"

..!!

"Thanks to me, the one I love is in stasis lock!"

Stasis... lock..?

"He doesn't deserve this... it should be me in critical condition on this medical berth instead of him."

Medix... no...

Medix bursted into tears as the recruits tried their hardest to calm him down.

Blades finished tending to Hotshot's wounds and then approached the recruits. He knelt down in front of the chair Medix sat in so that they could talk face to face.

"Hotshot's going to be okay, Medix. I was able to patch up all of his wounds and his energon levels are slowly, but surely, returning to normal."

Medix immediately felt some relief.

But the guilt was still there.

Surprisingly, Chase caught it, "Medix... you did exactly what you were told to do... Hotshot may have saved you... but you still completed your mission of saving that little girl."

"You also reunited her with her family while also comming everyone to come immediately", Boulder continued.

"Thankfully we were on the island when you called. Otherwise, Hotshot would've been in fatal danger", Heatwave added.

"So in a sense... you also saved Hotshot", Blades finished.

Medix let a tear fall, "By that logic... Hotshot shouldn't even be on that berth with scratches that go deep into his armor and bite Mark's that could've torn him apart..."

"Well... no one's perfect", Blades said softly, "and like I've said, he's going to be okay."

"It'll take some time for him to heal and regain consciousness", Boulder added, "but he'll be back to his usual self in no time."

Wedge tried to lighten the mood, "Ugh great, that's definitely something to look forward to."

Medix smiled a little as everyone else giggled.

Chase checked the time, "As much as I hate to cut this short, it's time for you recruits to recharge."

The recruits waited for Medix to get up and go with them. But it was obvious that Medix had other plans.

"May I stay in here and recharge?", Medix asked.

Chase answered, "I don't think that's-"

"Of course you can, Medix", Heatwave concluded.