Chapter 5: Anger

A/N: Another short chapter! But I promise it gets better from here!

Medix walked angrily through the halls of the Academy with his team following close behind.

"Medix please-"

"Quiet Hoist!"

"Medix we didn't-"

"Not now Whirl!"

Wedge bravely ran up and stood in front of the young medic, "Medix stop."

Medix was fuming, "Get out of my way Wedge!"

"Not gonna happen unless you calm down."

"How can I be calm?!", Medix yelled, "I was supposed to be in the medical bay with Hotshot!!"

"You were."

Medix turned to face Hoist, "What??"

"You were there with him all night", Hoist continued, "Blades came to check on you in the middle of the night, gave you a pillow and a blanket, and then let you sleep in there for the rest of the night."

"So why did I wake up in my berthroom?!"

Whirl spoke up, "Blades came to check on you again this morning. He had to take you out because you wouldn't wake up and he needed to tend to Hotshot."

Medix was now calming down, "I see... has anything changed in my absence?"

"We... don't know yet", Wedge said sheepishly, "Blades has been in the medical bay since he took you to your berthroom..."

"The other Rescue Bots have been coming in and out, but they haven't told us anything", Hoist added.

"And", Whirl concluded, "they won't allow us to go in and see what's going on."

After hearing that, Medix couldn't shake the thought that something was very wrong. His next action shocked his teammates.

He resumed going straight to the medical bay.

"Medix wait!", Wedge yelled as he and the team ran after the young medic.

"Didn't you hear what I just said??", Whirl yelled.

"I did", Medix said as he kept going.

"So why aren't you stopping?", Hoist said as he and the team walked alongside the young medic.

Medix stayed calm, "As this team's medic, it is my responsibility to ensure that everyone is in good health."

"So you think they'll let you in?", Hoist asked.

"Oh, I know they will", Medix said confidently.

-----------------------------------------

"No."

"Professor Blades, please-"

"I said no, Medix, and that's final."

"I just want to see what's wrong with him."

Blades sighed as he kneeled down to the young medic, "Look... I know you're a medic -specifically, Hotshot's medic- but this is more than just an external injury-"

"He's my promise."

"I'm sorry?"

Medix showed Blades the promise ring Hotshot gave to him. Blades was at a total loss for words as Medix spoke up, "Hotshot gave me a promise ring as a sign for true commitment. I may be his medic... but I'm also his love. Please Professor... let me see him."

Blades knew he couldn't say no to this.

He's a sucker for this kind of romantic scrap.

"Very well...", Blades gave in, "but only you can come in since you technically qualify as a dependent..."

Medix looked back at his team with an apologetic look.

They only gave him big smiles and thumbs up.

"Don't worry about us!", Hoist said happily.

"We'll be just fine out here", Whirl said kindly.

"You go and help your boyfriend", Wedge smirked, "give him a kiss for us too."

They all laughed.

"Thanks guys", Medix said with a smile, "I'll see you all soon."

And with that, Blades let Medix into the medical bay to see his promise.