Chapter 2: Showing the team

A/N: So this is a shorter chapter since I need to have a filler before things really start getting interesting! Nonetheless, I hope y'all enjoy!

Heatwave was proud  of the recruits and their performance in today's mission. 

"Excellent work today recruits. Sea rescues might not be as tough as snow rescues, but they are still difficult. Take the day off to wash up an relax."

"No thanks, sir", Wedge said, "I think I've seen enough water for today."

Heatwave chuckled, "Oh trust me, saltwater does not mix well with metal."

Hotshot snorted, "Come on Wedge, I'll help you wash your groin plates like I did last time."

They both laughed as Wedge shoved him.

Medix, on the other hand, wasn't amused.

Hotshot caught on immediately, "Oh come on babe! We're just kidding!"

"Yeah. Besides, I can wash myself thank you very much", Wedge joked to Hotshot.

Hotshot elbowed Wedge while laughing.

Medix still wasn't amused.

"What? I'm not allowed to joke around with one of my best friends?", Hotshot questioned his boyfriend.

Medix sighed, "You are... but joking around in that type of fashion is not appropriate."

Hotshot was about to argue back but stayed silent since Medix was completely right.

Whirl set a servo on Medix's shoulder, "I think he gets it Medix... Now let's all go and wash up."

With that, the recruits walked together to the washracks. Whirl entered the femmes washracks as the rest entered the mechs washracks.

And, of course, like in all boys washroom settings, shenanigans ensue.

"Wedge, don't drop the soap!"

"Shut up, Hotshot!"

"Hey where are the sponges?"

*SMACK*

"And... you couldn't just toss it to me, Wedge?"

"Sorry Hoist, but I saw an opportunity and took it."

Medix groaned as he washed himself, "Can't you all just grow up?"

*S  L  A  P*

"HOTSHOT!! THAT'S MY AFT!"

"Sorry babe, but I have to appreciate it somehow."

Medix grabbed at his promise ring, "I'm about to throw this promise ring at you."

"Wait don't-!"

Wedge and Hoist froze, "A PROMISE RING?!?"

Whirl busted in, "A pRoMiSe RiNg???"

High pitched screams could be heard throughout the halls of the Academy.

-----------------------------------------

Whirl waited in the break room for the rest of the team to get done.

Plus, it gave her a chance to try and forget about what she saw in the mechs washracks.

Whirl perked up when she heard the door open and her team talking nonstop. She quickly got up to join them.

"We didn't even see it!", Hoist said.

"How? It's not hidden by anything", Medix questioned.

"Well we honestly have no desire, or reason, to stare at your servo", Wedge answered.

"Oh good because I would have lots of questions", Hotshot said as he wrapped his arm around Medix's shoulders.

"Can I see the ring??", Whirl chimed in.

"As long as you don't plan on barging into the mech's washracks again", Medix smirked.

The look she gave him sent all of the boys into hysterical laughter.

Medix eventually composed himself enough to show her the ring.

Whirl squealed, "This is beautiful! And the cursive "h" makes it sooooo cute!!!"

"Wait... an "h"? You're not serious."

"See it for yourself, Wedge", Hotshot said.

Wedge took a good look at the ring and bursted out laughing.

Hoist redirected everyone's attention away from Wedge when he also examined the ring more closely, "Wow! This is real silver!! This was definitely made by an expert."

"I wouldn't call myself an expert but I appreciate it!", Hotshot said with a smile.

"Wait... you made this??", Medix said in shock.

"Well... Professor Boulder helped. But all the work was done by yours truly!", Hotshot said proudly.

Wedge snorted, "Makes sense. You put your own initial on it."

Medix was quick to defend his boyfriend, "In which I happen to love and also love who the initial belongs to."

Hotshot wrapped his arms around Medix's waist, "Aww I love you too!"

Dramatic kissing ensues.

Wedge facepalmed pretty hard, "Oh Primus... You two are so ridiculous."

"I think it's adorable!!", Whirl squealed.

"Yeah, you don't have to be so negative", Hoist added.

Wedge gagged.

Unfortunately for Wedge, his gagging only encouraged Hotshot and Medix to start kissing more passionately.

Wedge noped out of there real quick.

Hotshot and Medix broke their kiss so that they could laugh their afts off.