Chapter 14: The Talk

"OH NO."

"Sorry Hotshot, but you need to know this."

"BUT WHY NOW?!"

"Better now than never", Blades sighed.

"I CHOOSE NEVER!", Hotshot yelled as he attempted to get up from his chair.

Medix remained seated as he grabbed Hotshot's arm and forced him back into the chair, eventually holding his servo and intertwining their digits as he gave him a side glare, "We need this talk, Hotshot. Because if you refuse to listen... then I'm leaving you."

Hotshot gripped Medix's servo tightly, "I'll listen!! Please don't leave me Medix!!"

Medix smiled as he lifted up their servos, revealing his promise ring, "Never in a lifetime, sweetspark."

"YOU TWO ARE CUTE GOSHDARNIT!", Blades squealed as he sat down at Heatwave's desk, gushing at the young couple.

"Oh that's not the cutest thing we've done", Hotshot said deviously.

Blades knew that Hotshot was trying to stall, "It'll have to wait until after our talk. Heatwave will need his office back soon and I have a lot of stuff to talk to both of you about."

Medix sighed, "Then let's get this over with..."

-----------------------------------------

Blades didn't hold back on any of his words. Everything he said was blunt and straight to the point.

Some of it was humerous.

Some of it was gross.

Some of it was sad.

And most of it was very personal.

Hotshot spoke from his spark as he confessed exactly what he wanted.

He wanted Medix as his mate.

Not now, of course, but in the future.

"I know I sound ridiculous, especially since we've only been together for over a year...", Hotshot said as he gripped Medix's servo slightly, "but I mean it when I say that I want a future with him."

"I understand", Blades said softly, "can you tell me why you think Medix is the one for you?"

"Can I be honest?"

"Of course."

"There's too many reasons why."

"Are you afraid to tell me?"

"No, not at all."

"Then let's hear it."

Hotshot looked lovingly at Medix as he spoke, "He completes me. He's the other half I never knew I needed. He makes me happy, even in the worst of times. He makes me laugh, even if the joke was terrible. He's the only one I can cry in front of... He's seen me at my best and he was there for me at my worst."

Medix was in tears as his optics swelled with love.

Blades felt like crying from that beautiful confession, but one question still plagued his processor, "Has there been any other bot you've felt the same way about?"