Chapter 15: The Future

It has been four years since Hotshot and Medix got together and three years since Hotshot gave Medix the promise ring.

Now the couple, along with the rest of the team, lived on Griffin Rock.

All of them now full-fledged Rescue Bots.

They all would occasionally visit the Academy to see their teachers and meet any new recruits that would come in.

But a majority of their time was spent going on rescues.

Tonight, however, was going to be different.

Hotshot walked outside the firehouse and transformed into his now larger jet mode.

After he became an adult, he no longer needed the Mul-T-Cog to help him transform.

Instead, he got lessons from Heatwave on how to scan multiple forms.

Hotshot stuck with a similar jet form and hovercraft form, but he chose an SUV form instead of an ATV.

Hotshot took off into the air at an incredible speed, letting the now setting sun warm his metal.

But he can't let himself be distracted now.

He had a date!

Hotshot transformed back to bot mode once he made it to the top of Mount Griffin, turning around to see the mech he loved the most sitting on the edge, "Hey babe."

Medix turned around with the biggest smile, "You're on time!"

Hotshot went over and sat next to his boyfriend, "I know! Are you proud of me??"

Medix kissed him sweetly, "Very proud! Oh and look at you! Did you wax yourself before coming here?"

"Well duh. It's our four year anniversary babe. I may not be as perfect and gorgeous as you are... but shit, can you blame me for trying?"

Medix laughed as he kissed Hotshot again, "I still think you're handsome no matter what."

Hotshot smiled, "Thanks babe. Happy four year Anniversary."

"Happy four year Anniversary to you too", Medix said as they snuggled up to each other.

They both looked out toward the sun setting over the ocean. The stars were beginning to show up as the night sky loomed overhead.

"I love coming here... the view is just so breathtaking", Medix said as he rested the side of his helm against Hotshot's shoulder.

Hotshot looked at Medix as he spoke, "It sure is..."

Medix looked at his boyfriend and then gently shoved him as he giggled, "Stop that."

Hotshot wrapped his arm around Medix's shoulders, "Never."

Medix sighed as he kept giggling, "You're impossible."

"I know. But you still love me."

"More than anything. I have loved you since the very first time I said "I love you" to you."

Hotshot smiled as he brought Medix into his lap.

Medix giggled, "Do you prefer snuggling this way?"

Hotshot held him close, "Yeah. You're smaller than me so putting you in my lap means I can give you an all-over snuggle. Plus, you fit perfectly in here."

"That's what she said."

Hotshot bursted out laughing.

Medix felt pretty darn proud of himself on that one, "Ha! I knew that would get you!"