Chapter 6: In the Medical Bay

A/N: I'll warn all of you now, this chapter heavily implies portions of "the talk" but has no sexual contact whatsoever.

"So... you only took me out of the room because Hotshot's sparkrate was beating at a rapid pace?", Medix asked.

"Yes", Blades said softly, "I tried to wake you up so that you could know what was going on... but after a minute I had no choice but to take you out myself. I'm sorry Medix..."

Medix looked at Hotshot as he held onto his limp servo, "Did his sparkrate go down when I was out of the room?"

"As soon as I released his servo from yours, yes."

"Wait his servo?"

Blades chuckled softly, "Hotshot's servo was gripped so tightly onto yours that I had to release each of his digits, one at a time, just so he could let go."

Medix was shocked as he looked at his boyfriend, "So it's possible that he has consciousness?"

"Well... more or less. One thing that I do know is that he is no longer in stasis lock. But he's still in some form of deep stasis", Blades clarified.

"So how can we get him out of this deep stasis?", Medix questioned.

"We can't", Blades justified, "all we can do is monitor his vitals, keep his wounds clean, and be patient. Hotshot is the only one that can wake himself up from this deep stasis, but-"

"He needs time to heal on his own...", Medix finished.

"Exactly."

Medix sighed as he sat down in a chair next to the berth, not daring to let go of Hotshot's servo. Blades stayed silent as he kept an optic on Hotshot's vitals.

After some time of silence, Medix spoke up, "Is this the worst you've seen?"

Blades gave him a small smile, "Externally, yes. Internally, no."

"Really?"

Blades nodded, "My team has had plenty of times when they would come in and have an injury that was way worse than it actually felt. Heatwave was the worst."

"Why? Was he a terrible patient?"

"No- well yes actually", Blades chuckled, "but honestly, all of my teammates would come back with injuries similar to his."

"So why call out Professor Heatwave?"

"He's my sparkmate."

Medix's optics went really wide.

Blades sighed, "Don't tell him I told you that. We're trying to keep our relationship on the down low."

"My lips are sealed."

"Thank you."

Medix was silent for a minute but he couldn't hold it in anymore, "So are you two...?"

"Bonded? Yes. Been bonded for a few years now."

"I can't believe you're telling me all this."

"I can't either."

They both laughed.

Blades spoke again, "You're a good kid, Medix, and I trust that you'll keep quiet about this?"

"Of course."

Blades then chose his next words carefully, "Don't answer if you don't want to, but have you and Hotshot...?"

Medix sighed as he squeezed Hotshot's servo slightly, "No, not at all... but we've talked about it plenty of times. We haven't- um..."

"Interfaced?"

Medix blushed slightly, "Yeah that... we keep talking about it but we just don't know if we should do it, you know?"

Blades nodded.

"Even after getting this promise ring", Medix said as he looked at the ring, "we're still unsure whether or not we should do it..."

Blades walked over and placed a servo on Medix's shoulder, "What you two are going through is totally normal. In fact, discussing about it with each other shows a lot of maturity. I can only offer advice but the decision all comes down to what you both decide on. You shouldn't feel pressured into something you don't want to do because of a ring."

Medix smiled up at the helicopter, "Thank you Professor Blades. Sorry if this was all a little too awkward..."

Blades chuckled, "Don't worry about it. Besides, it's probably better to talk to me about this than to talk with the other bots. Now that would be awkward."

They both laughed again.

After laughing for a good minute, Medix spoke up again, "So Professor Blades?"

"Yes Medix?"

"When was the last time you and Professor Heatwave interfaced?", Medix said with a smirk.

"Now that, my young friend, is a question that will remain unanswered", Blades said while giggling.

"Actually it was last night", Heatwave said as he leaned against the doorway.

Both medics screamed.