Chapter 12: Recovering Together

"Hotshot! Stop moving!", Blades said as he held Hotshot down.

"NO! I NEED TO SEE HIM!!", Hotshot screamed.

Blades moved slightly so that Hotshot can see the medical berth right beside him. On the berth layed an unconcious -yet treated- Medix.

"There. Now you can see him-"

"NO! I NEED TO SEE HIM!!", Hotshot demanded.

Blades pulled a Ratchet, "Up up up! You'll most likely reopen your wounds if you don't stay put! Medix is right there and he won't be going anywhere for a while."

"But-"

Blades stopped him, "Medix will be okay, Hotshot. You have my word. His systems are only in shock from all the energon loss. He'll be fine."

"Can he still hear me?"

"Yes...?"

"Great. Is there any way you can push me over closer to his berth?"

Blades didn't hesitate to follow his request. He was able to get Hotshot's berth just a few inches away from Medix's.

"Now I better not see you in his berth when I come back to check on you, understood?", Blades said sternly.

"No promises."

"Hotshot."

"Fine... understood."

"Thank you. Holler if you need anything", Blades said as he exited the room.

Hotshot waited until he knew the coast was clear, slowly getting out of his medical berth and then climbing into Medix's, being mindful of the transfusion tubes that connected to his limbs.

Hotshot looked lovingly at his boyfriend, speaking in a soft voice, "I know you're faking it, babe."

Medix grinned as he kept his optics shut.

"Oh you're so busted", Hotshot giggled.

"You will be too when Blades finds out you disobeyed his orders", Medix said as he opened his optics.

Hotshot shrugged, "Worth it."

Medix chuckled softly, "How did you know I was online?"

"You kept grinning stupidly every time Blades nagged at me", Hotshot said with a smirk.

Medix smiled, "I couldn't help it because I knew you weren't going to listen to him."

"Damn you know me so well."

"Language."

Hotshot bursted out laughing, quickly regretting it when his wounds started hurting, "Owww..."

It was Medix's turn to laugh, also regretting it when his wounds started hurting, "Ow... bad idea."

"No kidding...", Hotshot sighed as he rested his forehelm against Medix's shoulder, "we're both a mess."

Medix giggled, "Indeed... but at least we're in this together, right?"

"Yeah..."

Silence was all that followed.

Until Hotshot started crying.

"Hotshot??", Medix said as he turned to face his boyfriend, cupping his cheekplates so that they could look at each other, "Sweetspark what's wrong??"

Hotshot wouldn't stop crying, "Even after everything that has happened... I still failed to save you."

"What are you talking about??"