𝐢𝐢- 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 (1)

a/n: Hey love bugs, In case you don't know this is actually a story but started out as a one shot here so if you enjoy part one and two I encourage you to check out my other story!

~

    It's been three years since the Neverseen took over. Then once they did it became apocalyptic. There was no order, only chaos everywhere, and the Neverseen liked it that way because it kept the masses scared. If you're living in fear then you're easier to control.

The Lost Cities are now divided into three parts: Ashdrift, Doveshire, and Easthaven. Naturally, being the sweet loving leaders they are, the Neverseen refused to take into consideration that by splitting up all of Lost Cites into three regions, it forced many families and friends apart. Motherfuckers.

Dex and I got put into Ashdrift, Fitz, and Biana in Doveshire, and Foster in Easthaven.

Ashdrift and Doveshire seem cute compared to Easthaven. I've heard one too many stories that I hoped weren't true.

And Linh and Tam.

They were sent on a mission months ago and then...radio silence. No one has heard a word from them since.

I still hold out hope though. I mean it's all we have nowadays if they take that from you too, then you're fucked.

~

   I'm running. I'm running so fast that I can only see a blur of the forest ahead of me. Trees, trees, trees. That's all there is to see for my scenic view and they stretch on for miles, giving me no real clue as to where I am.

I channel all my focus into my legs, forcing my body to go farther.

I'm pretty sure I lost them. No one seems to be following me. The thought doesn't comfort me as much as I want it to though; the woods are vast and anyone could be lurking around.

I don't have time to stop and catch my breath that's a luxury.

I try to distract myself from the feeling of my aching feet. Come on, just a little farther.

At the sound of a twig snapping my head whips so fast, that I'm surprised it's still attached to my body. I catch a glimpse of a silhouette, the figure inching toward me, there's a slight limp in their step.

All the air seems to leave my lungs. I'm forced to a halt.

No. No fucking way, it can't be.

Out of muscle memory, I reach for my trusty sword. Relief washes over me in waves when my hand brushes over the hilt of the blade that's hanging from the belt around my waist. Once I reassure myself that I'm armed, I set my gaze forward once more and call out a name I thought I'd never get the chance to say again.

"Fitz?"

The tall figure fully emerges from the shadows, and ya, that's him.

"Long time no see dude" he croaks out.

He looks like he's seen a ghost.