𝐢𝐢𝐢- 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 (2)

I gape at the sight of him, trying to comprehend that he's right in front of me. Fitz. Scratched and bruised. He's older, his hair's a bit longer, he's ragged looking and yet still him.

"But—I thought you were dead." It comes out as a whisper of an answer, but Fitz still seems to hear it.

His eyes instantly cloud over with anger, and I can practically feel his blood boil despite not making physical contact with him.

"Yeah, Alvar thought so too. Next time I see him I'll make sure to repay the favor," he motions to his leg.

Crimson-colored blood is seeping through the cloth that has been hastily wrapped around his left calf. His abdomen had a large gash stretching out from one end to the other.

"Here, sit down, I'll help treat the wounds."

I meant it as an offer, though it's more of a command that comes out.

Fitz shakes his head.

"Dude, we can't just stop out in the open. It's not safe, especially when we're both on the run from the Neverseen."

I blink at him, "Fitz your leg is bleeding, sit the fuck down and let me help you. We can spare a couple of minutes."

He grumbles but plops down in the dirt, so I decided to ignore a comment he makes about my character.

I start ripping the sleeves of my shirt into strips to use as makeshift bandages. Then, I search for the extra healing elixir I always had on me, along with a couple of panakes blossoms.

My eyebrows quirk up when I come in contact with his skin.

"Someone's really excited to see me. I'm flattered."

Fitz turns pink.

"For Eternalia's sake, I thought they killed you Keefe, of course I'm happy to see you."

I finish wrapping his leg, muttering "ditto" and give him the panakes with the elixir.

Fitz stands on shaky legs.

"Where's Biana?" I ask him.

"Last time I saw her was when we went out to the central market for some food, then shortly after was when I was called in to see Alvar." He gritted through his teeth.

"Then let's start with trying to find her."

~

About an hour later, we had officially made it out of the woods and into the middle of buttfuck nowhere. FYI, this is not what I had in mind when I wrote down 'road trip' on my bucket list.

Now you're probably thinking: well, why don't you just light leap there?

I'll tell you why because Fitz ruins everything with his stupid logic. We can't have the Neverseen tracking our leap to Doveshire so thanks to those asshats I get my 15k steps in today.

"Hey Sparky, are we there yet?" I groan, dragging my feet.

It was a tactical action done to piss him off. Mission complete gang, all in a day's work.