𝐱𝐢- 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

Sophie sat on her cushiony, velvet chair, at her vanity as Edaline, Biana, and Vertina all squabbled.

Biana had taken it upon herself to work on Sophie's makeup while Edaline fussed with her hair. Vertina, being left in the corner attempted several times, to pitch in and criticize every time she felt something was being done wrong.

Sophie had to suppress a loud sigh.

"I don't understand why you all are making a huge deal out of this."

Biana momentarily stopped dusting a rosy pink blush to the apples of Sophie's cheeks, the fluffy brush hanging mid-air.

"Sophie, this is your Winnowing Gala we're talking about! For Elf's sake, you need to appear positively radiant. Not that you don't usually, but after I'm done you'll have these gentlemen swooning."

"I know you all keep reminding me, but, I don't know, shouldn't I just present myself as me? That's the whole point, right? Someone shouldn't want to be with me because they had the wrong idea of who I actually I'm."

Biana passed Sophie a translucent looking elixir, motioning for her to down it all.

"It's not that you're going to parade around tonight as if you're a completely different girl, you simply just want to be looking your best for all the suiters is all Biana is trying to say" Edaline smiled and gave her daughters shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

"Precisely."

Sophie wasn't sure exactly how much time had gone by, but it certainly seemed like an eternity until finally, her best friend and mother stepped back and let her look straight at the mirror in front of her. The reflection of the girl staring back at her was striking.

Sophie had to admit, the two had done a wonderful job. She brought a hand up to delicately thread her fingers through her hair that had been curled to perfection, cascading down her shoulders. Her golden locks, not a strand out of place, shining as the light hit it. Her skin was dewy and actually glowing from the elixir she drank earlier. Biana had given her a light blush, making her face seem slightly flushed, but in a good way. Her lips were coated with a shimmering, tinted gloss, eyelashes elongated with mascara and then topped off with black eyeliner.

Then there was the dress. It was something else entirely. The thin straps held up the fabric as it clung to her curves and then flowed out once it reached her waist. The v-shaped neckline scooped down a bit farther than she would have preferred, definitely showing some cleavage. The burgundy-colored dress glittered with every step taken and had different layers of tule and then the satin material itself, adding more elegance to its design.

She loved it.

"Look at us! We killed it, Sophie's gonna be turning heads the instant she walks into the room."

Biana crossed her arms, nodding her head, clearly satisfied with the finished product.

Vertina, seemly annoyed from being left out of the makeover, made Sophie stand in front of her and twirl. She obliged, spun twice on her toes, letting the smooth fabric of the dress fan out as she twirled.

Sophie turned to face her self proclaimed makeup and hair team.

"You guys, I- I don't know what to say, I love it."

Edaline pulled her in for a quick embrace.

"We know, now get out there and show them how a real gala is done."

Grady had met Sophie outside of her room, tearing up at the sight of her and telling her how proud he was. The two then slowly descended the stairs, arms linked. Sophie requested them to take their time so she wouldn't fall on her face in front of everyone due to her 3-inch heels.