𝐱𝐢𝐢- 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

The warm sunlight seeped through the thick curtains of the window, promptly waking Sophie up.

She turned over to her right on the huge canopied bed, rustling the silk sheets with the sudden movement.

Her heart completely melted as she turned to find a sleeping Keefe. His face was pressed against a pillow, mouth slightly agape. She could see a bit of drool on his cheek. His blonde curls, fluffier than when he normally styled it, and the tiniest of smiles spread on his face. He always seemed to be so at peace in his sleep lately.

Keefe's eyes fluttered open, meeting his wife's gaze head-on.

Instinctively, he pulled her waist closer to him until she was pressed up against his bare chest, nuzzling his face into her neck.

"Good morning sunshine" Sophie whispered as she threaded her fingers through his hair, letting her hand trail down gently to his back. She planted a light feathery kiss on his nose.

Her husband sighed in happily, relishing at how nice it felt when she played with his hair. He always denied it but loved the feel of Sophie's hands running through his untamed curls, nails massaging his scalp.

Keefe smiled softly, still mostly groggy and not fully awake.

"Gosh Foster, you're a sight for sore eyes."

He slowly ran his thumb over her mouth, dragging her bottom plump lip down.

Sophie softly kissed him, bringing her hand up to cradle Keefe's face. She pulled back chuckling as she angled her face downward, resting her forehead against his jaw.

"Alright, we have to get up now."

She pulled the satiny covers to the side and stood up, stretching. The gray tee-shirt dress that clung to her small body, rose up slightly exposing her thighs.

Keefe wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her back on the bed and sufficiently making her land on top of him.

"No. Stay with me baby" He muttered.

𝘊𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘩.

𝘉𝘢𝘯𝘨.

The shattering of glass rang through the house, startling the couple.

"Mommy!"

"Shut up, it's fine we can fix it!"

Keefe groaned, letting his grip loosen as the two quickly rushed out of bed dashing down the sleek stairs of Asterinnyx.

The house was definitely a mansion compared to human homes, but Sophie had insisted on finding a place that wasn't as daunting like Everglen. Not that she had anything against the beautiful home, it was stunning, but definitely not her style. She claimed it felt more homie like this and pointed out that they wouldn't need such a massive house anyway.

As the two raced into the kitchen area, feet skidding on the pristine floor, Sophie stopped and assessed the damage inflicted. Immediately she spotted her two kids, dumbfounded by their parents quick arrival.

Felix, their youngest, at the age of 7 had manifested as an empath. He could even vaguely read Sophies emotions without contact. Nonetheless, everyone seemed to be infatuated with the boy considering he had recently gained the ability. His doe wide eyes were identical to Sophies, inheriting her genes. His rounder face and tiny button nose give him the appearance of an innocent little boy. Though his hair he got from his father. Keefe made it his personal mission and ultimate goal to show the young boy how to 'properly' style his blonde curls.