𝐱𝐯- 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝

Sophie let out a long sigh as she closed the apartment door behind her, sliding down slowly until she made contact with the sleek hardwood floor. She immediately reached for her horrendous heels and slipped them off her poor feet.

The red stilettos lay there, daunting.

"Rough day?"

Sophie looked up from her position on the floor to find her red-headed best friend. Not questioning why he was here she pushed herself to her feet, walking towards him with the heels in hand.

"More like rough week, being an adult is hard Dex."

Dex smiled at the blonde, taking the shoes and gently setting them aside and turning to give Sophie a once-over.

"Are you going to change or stay in those stuffy work clothes?"

The formal, fitted pearl-colored dress wasn't ideal to lounge around in, but Sophie couldn't find it in her to care as she exhaustedly flopped on to her leather couch.

Dex took the spot adjacent to her, propping his feet on the armrest right next to Sophie's face. She glanced at the choice of socks he picked, the yellow wonder-woman symbol displayed, and shoved his smelly feet to the side.

"So Dex, I need your expert advice. What's a nice way of telling my boss that I want to smack him over the head with a chair?"

He blinked a couple of times before realizing that she was not fully joking.

"Um Soph, I think if you even want to still have a job by next week you should probably find better ways to manage your stress and anger instead of harassing Bronte."

She groaned, throwing her head back as far as it could go with her place on the couch. Sophie decided to just hang there, plotting revenge as she blew a strand of hair out of her face. It was to no avail is it softly floated back to its original position on the tip of her nose.

If she kept staring she might end up going cross-eyed.

Sophie sat up, momentarily regretting the decision as all the blood came rushing to her face, making her feel dizzy. After the nauseous feeling subsided she walked over to her small kitchen area, bare feet pattering against the wood as she searched through the cabinets.

"What are you doing?"

No answer.

Eventually, Sophie cheered triumphantly, coming back with a clear glass bottle, its contents swishing with each step she took. The blonde set down to two wine cups, pouring a gracious amount of the bubbly transparent liquid into both.

Sophie set the bottle down with a 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘬, turning her attention to the alcohol in front of her and downing most of it with one swig. She began to refill her glass.

"I'm way to sober for this. I need a couple of glasses and then we can talk."

"Woah slow your role turbo, I know you can unhinge your jaw like a snake to down any sort of alcoholic beverage but you need to take it easy." Dex had to swipe the bottle of champagne as Sophie poured herself her third drink already.

He was surprised that a little petite thing like her could hold it all down. If she kept this up she would be wasted, considering her size, it wouldn't take too much alcohol to make it happen.

"Hey, I'm serious dude, Keefe is on his way, don't you want to wait and stay sober enough to see how his day went?"

Sophie glimpsed from Dex to the bottle and back to her friend.

"Are you gonna drink that or what?"

Dex sighed.

Sophie had been utterly intoxicated by the time Keefe finally stepped through the door.