𝐱𝐢𝐯- 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐬

Sophie wiped the sweat that trickled down her face, ignoring the dry, burning feeling in her throat. She could taste the bile in her mouth, longing for even just a sip of water, but there was no way that she was going to forfeit. Not now. Especially not because of a little dehydration.

It certainly didn't help though that it was sweltering hot outside that day. The sun's warmth hitting Sophies back as she attempted to concentrate.

Keefe jabbed his staff, meeting head-on with Sophies. The two had been paired for a sparring match during training. Sandor thinking that it would be an equal fight without the use of abilities.

Rules were simple. The first to get their opponent's flag wins. A bonus being if you used your staff to knock them down and then snatch it.

What her bodyguard didn't take into account though was the fact that the two elves were immensely stubborn and neither was about to back down anytime soon.

So that's how they had been at it for an hour now.

Sophie could hear Tam groan in the background as Keefe and Sophie moved in graceful strides, blocking each other's strikes every time. Another problem that the gray goblin had overlooked was the fact that they knew each other a little 𝘵𝘰𝘰 well.

Every move. Defense position. Strengths. Weakness. Strategies.

"So Foster, You gonna stop messing around and make a move?"

Keefe grinned, as they both momentarily stopped taking offense, instead circling and ceasing one another up.

Sophie narrowed her eyes, not willing to look away for even a second.

Her response only seemed to make his grin broaden.

"Bite me."

"Eat me."

The telepath dared a step closer.

"Kiss my ass."

Just like that Keefe threw his training staff to the side, Sophie coping his movements by discarding hers as he tackled her head-on.

He pinned her shoulders down, labored breathing mixing with her own as their faces were mere centimeters away.

The position, which would usually make most feel discomfort certainly didn't bother the two one bit.

Sophie pushed up on her shoulders to get even closer.

"Hmm, I don't think I'm the one playing games. So watcha gonna do Sencen?"

She couldn't help it as her eyes widened and a slight gasp sounded out from the random surge of confidence. Keefe didn't seem to mind though, as a broad smirk made its way to his face, knowing they weren't talking about training anymore.

Keefe raised his eyebrows in response, letting his finger trace light circles on Sophies' forearm.

"Those are some interesting emotions you're hitting me with Foster. Sorry, I forgot you aren't little miss oblivious anymore."

"Oh shut up."

"Make me."

Without saying another word, Sophie leaned up once again, pushing off of her elbows and melded their mouths together.

It was such a sudden and spontaneous movement that it caught Keefe completely by surprise, causing him to freeze up.

Sure she had been a bit flirty lately and even almost outright admitted her feelings a few times. But this was pretty bold for Sophie Foster.

After a moment of simply sitting there stupefied, Keefe pulled Sophie closer, lips moving against hers in some sort of rhythmic dance. Sophie gripped his black training shirt with one hand and the other cupped his face, drawing him close.

hypnotic.

That's what Keefe would say if he was asked to describe what it felt like kissing Sophie Elizabeth Foster.

Her hands caressing the side of his face with the two of them sprawled across the green lush grass pastures.

He kissed back harder, deepening the kiss as it became more fervent.

Sophie pushed up, causing them to tumble over with Keefe's back pressed against the damp grass and Sophie on top.

Before he could do anything else, she pulled back slightly and pressed their foreheads together.

His eyes went round as he greedily sucked in the air that he hadn't realized his body needed. He briefly brushed a hand over his now swollen lips.

"Well, that just happened."

Sophie giggled, still hovering right above him as she slowly began to run a hand down his arm, panting slightly. It caused goosebumps to pop up everywhere she touched.

Damn.

Her soft smooth hands traveled down to his waist and stopped there.

Keefe was so entranced by her and her beautiful big eyes and her delicate hands, that when Sophie pulled back and stood to her feet waving a white cloth in the air, he sat dumbstruck, unmoving. That was his flag.

His mouth instantly dropped open in pure shock. Foster had just made out with him to get his flag.

Sophie whopped and hollered, waving the small white cloth around in victory as Dex cheered her on and Tam cackled maniacally.

Keefe dusted off his pants and stood to his feet, wishing he could just as easily do it with his bruised ego. He turned to find a few of their friends and the bodyguards in shock as well.

Except for Biana. And Dex. And Bangs Boy.

After a victory lap, Sophie pranced over to a still very dumbfounded Keefe. She grinned, honey eyes twinkling in the sun as she gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Foster plays dirty. Noted. Don't think I'm gonna let this go cause trust me, I'm going to get you good and when you aren't expecting it."

Sophie tilted her head back slightly, laughing her heart out. The blonde clutched her stomach as the laughter bubbled up.

"Oh Keefe," She reached out and gently ruffled his blonde curls. "besting you was simply a bonus."

She winked his way as she retreated to a giggly Biana.

All Keefe could make out from their conversation was when the Vacker let an ear-piercing shriek and screamed,

"My ship!"

Keefe turned to find Ro saunter up to him.

Oh God. He was never going to live this down.

The ogre clapped him on the back, a frenzied grin taking over her face.

"Pretty boy, I got give it to you, you and blondie? That was hot."