𝐱𝐢𝐱- 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

Guess who's back folks. We're just going to ignore the fact that I haven't updated since this summer. Also, I sorta owe you all from that last one-shot so here's some fluff. Credit to the wonderful Shannon Messenger and the guide in Unlocked for the descriptions in this story.

       ——————————————————

Sophie snuggled closer to her warm thick sweater as the cold air nipped at her pink-tinted nose and cheeks. She looked up to see the snow falling, catching a snowflake on her tongue.

She had to give Dex some props, she was sure she would freeze to death if she lived at Rimeshire.

Though its dazzling appearance seemed to make up for it. Sophie marveled at how closely it resembled an ice castle with its blue cut-glass walls and swirling towers that appeared like upside-down icicles.

The Gloaming Valley was a seemly odd place for The Dizznees considering their quirky and bizarre image the family liked to portray.

It had to be tiring, having it snow all the time there. Regardless, Sophie would have to suck it up since the technopath had invited all of their friends over for the day.

Biana had immediately suggested that they should have a snow day once everyone had materialized onto the property surrounded by the frosty mountaintops and twisted evergreen trees.

"Ooh, we can build a snowman, and go sledding, and have a snowball fight!" Linh gasped, silver eyes widening. "And we can make snow angels too!!"

She was met with a chorus of "Yeahs" and "Okays"

Tam grunted, flicking his silver-tipped bangs. Linh raised an eyebrow at her twin.

"I think we should start with a snowball fight," Fitz suggested to the group.

"I call Sophie for my team!" Dex, Keefe, Biana, and Fitz all shouted. The blonde flinched, jumping slightly at the sudden outburst. Poor Linh seemed just as rattled.

The four of them turned to face her expectantly.

"Sorry boys, I'm gonna team up with Biana on this one."

Keefe made the most adorable pouty face, "But Foster! don't you think⎯"

She never got to hear the end of his sentence as Biana shoved her way through and hooked her arm through Sophie's. She beamed at her partner.

"Don't worry Soph, we're gonna kick butt and look fabulous all the while! You made the right choice." The teal-eyed girl flipped her glossy dark hair.

Immediately after, Linh and Dex formed a group with Fitz requesting to join.

Meaning that left Tam and Keefe. Oh no.

The two boys peered at each other, Keefe scrunched his nose as if Tam was something nasty that got stuck to the underside of his shoe.

Tam's gaze grew intense glaring daggers at the blonde empath.

"Why are you glaring at me?"

"I'm hoping you'll spontaneously combust, so far no such luck."

Fitz rolled his eyes, "Alright, pick your bases everyone because this snow fight has officially started!"

The groups split, each sprinting in a different direction.

Sophie stumbled after Biana as the girl went one way. "So what's the plan Bi, you do have a plan right?"

"Well uh actually-"

"Are you kidding me?! How are we supposed to not get pelted without a strategy!"

Biana slowed her paced to a jog, glancing backward sheepishly, "I was sorta counting on Keefe and Tam's hatred of one another to ensure their ultimate demise. And also the fact that Linh wouldn't attack us."