A Night Together

Chloe's POV/

"They will be so thrilled that we are taking today and tomorrow off, we haven't been to their club in a really long time" I clapped my hands excitedly as I stared at Belle in her crib while Aubrey stared at Bella in her crib. It was noon on a Saturday and Beca and Stacie slept in today due to their very busy night yesterday.

"I guess, and you are sure that Jessica and Ashley are coming in to babysit?" Aubrey sternly asked as I rolled my eyes. She was always so uptight and bossy and always spoke so proper. I wonder how on Earth Stacie deals with her... And how I do!

"Yes I triple checked everything. They will be here for as long as we need" I said as Aubrey nodded her head. "We will go to the club around 10:00 to meet Stacie and Beca there" I confirmed with Aubrey as she nodded.

"Why did they agree?" Aubrey asked.

"Who? Jessica and Ashley? They love our girls and you know that they're really good with them anyway. And besides, they owe me a favor" I chuckled softly as Aubrey looked at me weirdly but went along with it.

"We have never left the girls alone before" Aubrey mumbled as she played with a strand of Bella's hair.

"I know, but we should have at least one night off from being moms." I said as if I was trying to convince her to come.

"I don't know Chloe" Aubrey frowned as I groaned.

"Don't say that Aubrey, come on. I won't have any fun if my best friend isn't gonna be there and not having the same fun as me" I frowned as Aubrey rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Okay okay. I know that Chloe, I'm just... Stressed" Aubrey said as she walked away from Bella's crib and walked to the rocking chair and sat down.

"About?" I asked, following her and sitting in the other one next to her.

"Just... Work. I don't know" Aubrey put it off but knew this was troubling her. I have known Aubrey since high school and my college years at Barden University and she always opened up to me, especially about this sort of thing but I don't know why she wasn't speaking to me about this

"Talk to me Aubrey, I'm your best friend, let me there for you like I have been for the past 15 years" I said as she sighed. She looked like she was having an argument with herself, debating whether or not to trust me or not to.

"I am not having that rush again Chloe. When I first started out I was this hot-shot lawyer, and I still am, but I don't have any passion or motivation for that practice anymore" Aubrey frowned.

"When did you start feeling this way?" I asked her as she shrugged and thought about it.

"Maybe for the past... Three months?" She said as if it was a question rather than a statement.

"Does Stacie know?" I asked.

"I complain about my job to her all the time, if she were to put two and two together to figure it out then she would've done it by now." Aubrey slumped in her chair. "I don't know Chloe, maybe I'm overreacting" she bit her lip.

"No you're not. Tell me, why did you wanna go into the law practice in the first place?" I asked her as she sat and thought about it. She looked up at me and bit her lip.

"Because of my father" she breathed out.

"Exactly, your father. You became a lawyer for your father? Because he wanted you to become one Bree. It is not your fault that you fell out of love for the occupation or never even had love for it in the first place" I smile weakly at her when I caught her furrowed brows. "He is not the boss of you my dear. You have your own family and responsibilities now."