Majorie Conrad

Chloe's POV/

"And she just came out with it?" She exclaimed as I sat in the rocking chair with Belle in my arms as I heard the question escape Aubrey's lips who has Bella cradled in her arms.

"Yes! A perfectly clear Mama" I said as I squealed slightly. When Beca and I heard it, we both jumped up and down and held Belle as we kept on asking for her to return it. She repeated it twice after that and we couldn't be more prouder.

"Since Belle mastered saying mama, we just got to start crawling" Aubrey replied. Bella said her first word in the end of December and started crawling as well. She is turning one next month and Aubrey is already helped her learn to walk more better. She can walk, just falls down a lot. 

"Do you know whose gonna be called what?" I asked.

"Yeah, Stacie is gonna be Ma and I'm gonna be called Mama. I mean, whatever Bella wants to call us is fine but that's what we both are hoping for. What about you?" She asked me as I thought about it.

"Beca and I hadn't really talked about it but I would like to be called Mommy. Beca probably wants something traditional like Mama" I said. It then became silent, like some sort of tension and awkwardness in the air but I could not pin why it started.

"How are you and Beca by the way?" Aubrey asked, not daring to look me in the eye for some reason. I felt a little uneasy with Aubrey but I don't know where that uneasiness was coming from.

"Uhh, we're good. Stronger than before though. She told me she feels like she's raising Belle by herself so I had to make some tweaks with my schedule to going really early and getting through all my patients in the morning to I could make it to dinner and actually spend time with my family" I said as Aubrey nodded. "I hate that I made her feel that way so I have to change."

"That's... Good" she paused for a moment.

"Yeah..." I drifted off. "Is something wrong?" I asked, an eyebrow arching up.

"No, no of course not" she quickly replied. She looked down and saw Bella sleeping and then got up. I saw Belle sleeping as well so I stood as well and we both placed our girls in their designated cribs.

"How're you and Stacie?" I casually asked, trying to make conversation and low key wondering why it had gotten so awkward so quickly.

"We're good" she simply said. "You know, like always."

"Are you ready for Majorie and Zack to come?" I asked as Aubrey groaned.

"I don't want her to come. I like Zack, he's cool, but oh God Majorie? She's gonna eat me alive. I'm not even working so I have to stay with her... All goddamn day" Aubrey complained as I laughed at her. "With her, I never win" she finished as she brushed her fingers through her hair in frustration.

"Is thee Aubrey Conrad-Posen backing down from a battle?" I gasped as she rolled her eyes.

"Majorie just hates me. I can't win when it comes to her. She doesn't even speak to me in English! She speaks to me in Italian when she knows I don't speak it fluently!" Aubrey ranted as I chuckled. "This isn't funny Chlo" Aubrey glared.

"I thought she accepted you two at your wedding?" I asked as I thought about it a little. I do remember Majorie being very polite to Aubrey, the two of them were being vwey friendly that day.

"Majorie was playing nice for me because it was her only daughters wedding day. She didn't want Stacie upset on her wedding day." Aubrey sighed. "Majorie wanted a nice Italian man marrying Stacie, but sadly for her she got me instead" Aubrey frowned. I couldn't tell if she was upset or just annoyed at this point. Probably both.