|vingt-deux

Carlisle p

Carlisle p.o.v

This is the best moment of my entire existence. Laying down with my arms around my mate is everything I wish for and more. To be able to hear her soft breathing and her heartbeat all night long... I could never be more happier.
Today is the big day. The first wedding between a vampire and a human... ever. It's been a long journey for both of them but they were rewarded with each other. It only made me think more about us. It physically hurt me to think that I have to lie to her . It's never easy and it stress me out way more every time I imagine her reaction when she'll know about my nature. ' would she accept us? Or would she run for the hills like any normal human being?'
And my sweet Elizabeth isn't a woman with many questions. She never got suspicious about us no matter how odd we might be. She so gently dismiss it... I would definitely miss this feeling.. perhaps all my family, to be accepted without questions. To just be able to mingle with her thinking that we are just people with oddities and not blood thirsty killing machines .

over this past month, Elizabeth show a very dexterous way to care for flowers, and plants. we all notice how petals seems to twinkle in life and happiness when she's present... it's like she is the goddess of nymphs reincarnated!

a change in pattern of my mate's breathing warns me that she's awake and i instantly shut my eyes and pretended that i'm asleep. She rolled up a little, humming to herself and faced my pretend face , I can breath in her air even more which made me sigh in satisfaction internally.
She slowly lift her hand to brush out a stray hair on my face and her warm fingers traced down my face making me smile with my eyes closed " good morning angel " I said
Her giggle is like the best tune and vibration to make my cold dead heart feels alive again.
" morning my beautiful doctor " she said with her morning raspy voice that I grew to adore. I opened my eyes lazily, looking at the goddess that's laying beside me, smiling towards me ... these moments always baffles me ' how come, a monster like me be lucky enough to live such amount of happiness! Is it how the universe pays me after years of saving lives? And if yes, then the universe still has been very generous with me '
" I'll make a quick breakfast before we race to the house" she looks at the hour getting up and I couldn't stop the pout that's forming on my lips from the lack of our physical contact
"Yes ma'am "

So, I'm aware of how short this chapter is but it's better than nothing right! Also it's an attempt to a filler chapter! Enjoy and comment pls love you all