~trente-quatre~

I stayed next to Bella completely rigid, Carlisle immediately went to test my theory as the others looked at him like a traitor.
I was aware that my food isn't 100% nutrient to them after this long of not hunting .
But Jasper was really uncomfortable with this long period of hunting .
Carlisle put the blood in a cup with a straw as Edward watched in pain and the others walked away .

Bella looked at me for encouragement as Edward didn't even want to look at her .
I nodded with a tiny smile as I lightly caressed her back .
She hesitatingly took a sip , then she waited and took a longer sip and a longer one .

Lana can already see the changes in Bella's energy, and so is the vampires.
" it's really good " Bella expressed feeling better already .
I smiled at her and then at Carlisle relieved .

" I think you should all go for a hunt" I suggested
" my food isn't fully what your body needs so if you stay longer here .." I trailed off
" Lizzie is right you should hunt " Bella backed me up
" you too Edward .. you're not helping anyone by starving yourself " I don't like Edward when he is brooding like that.
He is causing my sister so much anxiety over her pregnancy and he just has to get over it sooner than later .
I of course blocked my thoughts from him when I knew he can read my mind
The lack of privacy isn't my favorite.
Alice agreed dragging jasper with her and so did Rosalie with Emmett
" I'm staying .. just in case there are any complications " My fiancé said firmly
" darling , I know you have immaculate self control but that doesn't mean you are comfortable with this .. please .. for me " I wrapped my arms around his torso
" we'll go in two packs then .. so you won't be alone " I nodded satisfied with his plan .

" Jacob Black is coming soon " Edward almost spat his name as he looked a bit better than yesterday .
I came back from Charlie's and they all seemed well fed and better .. even Edward who is still looking dead-er but with golden eyes now .
I was aware now of the love triangle my sister was involved in with Jacob black that is probably why he is coming here .
To check on her .. thinking that she was turned already.
I read about the shifters and frankly, my ancestors had a bond with them... One of the Supreme Witches of my coven gave them the complete ability to shift physically to help them protect their land from vampires.
They were one of our successful magick holders. They tuned out a lot better than our first try in giving supernatural abilities to a human .

A startling knock pulled me out of my head space as Carlisle sped to open the door and Bella pulled the blanket over herself in an attempt to hide her belly and frail body .
She looked a lot better than before but she still look malnourished and breakable and that concerned me .
The rough stomping made Rosalie roll her eyes in disgust as the vampires scrunched their noses like they smelled a wet dog or something.
Jacob, the kid I used to babysit with his sisters and that always has a big smile on his face and interesting stories looks like a grown angry man.
Taller than his age and buffer than a Bodybuilder .
But I can see his real age through his eyes .. young , confused and terrified.
" hello Jacob " he peeled his eyes from my sister's frame to look at me .
It took him a bit to recognize me " Lizzie?!" I nodded
His eyes went from my face to Bella's than to Edward's
" she knows everything " Edward answered reluctantly.

I went in to hug him as he looked very uncomfortable, his warm body told me that he, too is a Shifter
I used my magic to calm him down
And pulled away from the hug
" b-but how ?" Then looked at Bella , then at me .
I shrugged " if you can keep calm and sit down .. I'll explain everything " I used my most soothing tone of voice I can master to calm Jacob .
He hesitated for a few seconds but caved in and sat next to Bella, nodding for me to explain.
' this is going to be a long conversation ' I thought to myself .

A/N : this chapter was left on my drafts for over two months ... it's unfair of me to be this slow but my life has been so hectic . I hope you enjoy it though . ♥️