12. begin

[ 12. begin ]
J E O N G G U K

you make me begiiiiiiiiiiin

▂▂▂▂▂

"Excuse me?" Grace's smile falters. Taehyung rolls his eyes, clearly unamused with the situation as he shoves his hands into his jean pockets.

"I said I'm also his friend," Taehyung forces a smile onto his face, his natural charm working its magic when Grace simply flashes him a bright grin.

"Oh, well, nice to meet you," She gives him a thumbs up before turning to Jeongguk and beginning to talk about her life down at Arkansas, or whatever place that has sand.

Jeongguk doesn't hear much, his attention more focused on Taehyung who looks annoyed beyond his years. The older's gaze is trained to his feet, though Jeongguk can spot a muscle twitching on the curve of his tightened jaw.

The hazy orange glow from the sunset engulfs Taehyung's slouched figure, making his bronze skin glimmer gold and his soft blonde hair look more fluffy. He notices how his eyes are an endless pool of melted honey twinkling dimly in the light, and God, his thick lips are more defined and a deeper rosey color.

In that moment, Jeongguk wants Taehyung to hold him by the waist and pull him close and pepper his face with kisses. He stands there, imagining a world where he can sit on the front porch with Taehyung's arms around him, his warm embrace enough. He pictures himself tracing his beautiful, movie star features and kissing him beneath the sunset's warm glow.

"Let's go inside," Grace's voice suddenly interrupts his thoughts, her small hand patting his shoulder to gain his attention.

He realizes how long he must have been staring, and for a second his breath hitches in his throat when Taehyung gives him a crooked smirk. Jeongguk swallows nervously, his cheeks warming slightly.

"I best get going then," Taehyung clears his throat, stepping forward and casually taking Grace's spot. The girl gives him a dirty look, but Taehyung doesn't seem to care, his gaze fixed on Jeongguk.

"Why can't you stay?" Jeongguk asks, his voice softening. He can feel Grace's stare on them both, and it's enough to make him feel uncomfortable in Taehyung's presence.

"Do you want me to?" Taehyung's brows furrow slightly. Jeongguk shrugs, fighting the urge to reach up and smooth out the creases from his perfect skin.

"Yes," Jeongguk says without hesitation. Taehyung snorts lightly, the smile on his features genuine as he reaches over and ruffles Jeongguk's hair.

"Sorry, do- I mean, Koo, I'd love to but I don't wanna get in trouble with my mom," Taehyung chuckles softly, his hand lingering on the side of Jeongguk's head for a moment before letting go. Jeongguk dislikes how his chest suddenly feels heavy when Taehyung removes his touch.

"It's alright," Jeongguk tries to hide the disappointment in his voice by smiling. Taehyung's dark gaze studies him closely, but the older does nothing.

Instead, he smiles and squeezes his shoulder before saying goodbye and walking back over to his house next door.

A odd silence settles between Jeongguk and Grace when he finally acknowledges her presence. He has to admit, he's a little embarrassed he acted that way in front of her, and the way she's studying him like he's some puzzle makes him shift a little on his feet.

"That was hella gay," Grace says out of nowhere, her voice lowered to a whisper.

Jeongguk chokes, his eyes widening, "W-what?" What did she just say?