25. the present

[ 25. the present ]
J E O N G G U K

i procrastinate so much it hurts

▂▂▂▂▂

Taehyung loves him.

Jeongguk stands there, stunned as his eyes widen. All he can hear is the beat of his heart hammering against his chest, his face feeling that familiar warmth, and this airy sensation in his stomach.

Did he really just say he loves him?

"W-was that too fast?" Taehyung asks, pulling away, the color draining from his face. Jeongguk gulps, unable to form a coherent word without stuttering.

So, instead of speaking he gets a much better idea. He suddenly grabs Taehyung by the collar of his sweater and yanks him foreward, instantly crashing their lips together.

It takes a second for Taehyung to realize what's going on, his lips frozen on Jeongguk's. However, it doesn't take long for him to kiss back, his hands cupping the sides of Jeongguk's cheeks.

He deepens the kiss, the duo smiling so wide they're not even kissing anymore as their noses bump gently against one another's. Jeongguk slowly opens his eyes, peering fondly up at Taehyung who's already staring at him.

"I love you," Taehyung murmurs against his lips, smiling. Jeongguk giggles, shaking his head as he tilts his chin up, connecting their mouths once more.

Loving pecks—that's all they can manage to do since they're smiling too much. Although, neither of them care—they're just too damn happy to hold one another, to be with one another.

Happiness soars in Jeongguk's chest, filling his stomach with butterflies and every sweet, giddy thing he can imagine. The skin around his mouth aches but it doesn't matter.

The cause of his euphoria is standing right in front of him.

Suddenly Taehyung lifts him off the ground, making Jeongguk laugh so loud it's almost a squeal. He spins the two of them in dizzy circles, their laughter intertwining into one sweet, pure sound. This is it. This is what happiness truly means.

Jeongguk looks down at him, his hands now holding onto his soft cheeks. He pats them, giggling like crazy and the wide smile he wears narrowing his eyes into half-moons.

Taehyung carefully sets him down and dips to kiss him one last time, though this one lasts longer than the others they have previously shared. He kisses him slowly, carefully, his lips tasting every inch of his to capture the memory in his mind.

They pull away hesitantly, their foreheads leaning against one another's and hands now resting on each other's hearts, feeling the love they have for one another.

"God I love you," Taehyung murmurs, tracing a heart over Jeongguk's chest. "Is it cheesy to say I've loved you since I saw you?" He asks, his lips lifting into a shy grin.

"A little, you geek," Jeongguk laughs softly, patting his chest playfully. Taehyung snorts and pulls away, pressing a tender kiss to his forehead.

In this moment, Jeongguk feels complete.

Have you ever felt that full, warm feeling whether it be with the ones you love or someone you truly cherish as an individual?