Chapter One

Charleston Davis

I'm sitting in my room beginning to pack away my things into my luggage crate. It's been a long hard thought out decision, but I've finally made jumps to becoming a true fashionista. All my life I have worked incredibly hard at building skill in fashion and keeping up on what's trendy. My little brother Chastopher has been my model since I could learn how to breathe. He's been the most supportive little thing. He would always wear the stuff I would make to school and promote me as if I was some like of fashion like Calvin Klein, "Look at this Coat! Top of the line Charlie Davis brand! Never see a coat like this one before!"

He's a bit of a drama boy, but I love him all the same. And he does do a good job getting my name out there. I've had a lot of Commission come in talking about how Chastopher was spewing my name as if I was some kind of Seamstress God or something. I've made all of my clothing since 8th grade and a large amount of Chastophers clothing since he was 8. Needless to say, I'm not going to school for the knowledge, I'm going for the degree. And I guess there could be a few tricks up their sleeves to help me progress further, but I kinda doubt it.

As I'm packing up, I see my portfolio that had gotten me into the college I was packing for in the first place. It was filled with all kinds of commissions pieces and pictures of clothing from mine and Chastophers wardrobes. They were impressed.

I packed that up too, ready to really start heading out to my dads car to go to the airport.

Chastopher stops me at the door though. I knew this was gonna happen too. Poor boys been dreading this day.

"You're leaving already?"

"I told ya, little Doc, I said today was the day I was leaving."

Chastopher is just 16 years old (he's almost 17, just a couple more months) and I'm already 20, the poor boy is about three years younger than me and has a lot to learn. He wants to become a dentist when he gets older. Sometimes I call him Hermey to tease him because he's got the blonde hair and the blue eyes. Sometimes it pisses him off though, so I just call him Little Doc.

"Yeah, I knowww, but you never told me when! You could leave at like.... midnight..."

"I can't, buddy, my flight is at 4." I ruffle his hair a bit. He hates anyone touching his hair except me. Because for some reason, his hair only wants to behave when I mess with it.

"I tried at least. You'll send me stuff to show off at school, right?" He said.

"Of corse." I told him. "I'd never leave my best model high and dry, starved of trendy outfits~" I laugh.

Chastopher laughs. "Hey Char, could I ask you to make me something?"

"What are you thinking, doc?" I ask him.

"I want a scarf!" He said. "Like, one that matches my eyes and tucks into a coat nicely." He said.

"Really?" I ask, smiling.

The other nods.

I look at my watch. It's 12:02 pm and my flight leaves at 4. I might have a little time to make one more thing... "Alright. Since it's an easy project I'll pull something together for you right quick before I leave."

"YES!" Chastopher bounces around with the utmost glee.

I head up to my workshop and he follows behind me like a happy little puppy, biting the sleeves on his coat.

"Pick a color." I told him.

"These two." He pulls out a light blue and a color called blush blue, it's basically white but just blue enough as if someone ate blue dye and breathed on it basically. You can tell it's blue when held against true white, but next to anything else you would never know. The color kind of annoys me. But it's a good color for him. Kinda matches his personality in a way.

I take the two colors and use one on one side and one on the other to make a two toned easy to wear scarf the other can mess around and play with to get the look he might be going for.

When I was done, I gave it to him. "Here ya go. Use it as you want." He said.

Chastopher hugs his brother, knowing this means goodbye. "Please come back soon and don't leave me here alone all my life..."

"If dad passes the house to you when it's payed off and they plan on moving, you'll be thanking them. Get a cat if you need company."

"Chaaarrrlliieeeeee." Chastopher whines.

"Alright, alright. I'll return. Just let me get a term or two in and I'll come back for a break."

"Thank you." He said. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too, buddy." I told him, grabbing my bags and starting to walk out the door. I had everything. My ticket, clothing, portfolio, and more. I climbed into the taxi and told him where I was going.

The drive to the Airport was long, but fast paced. We didn't live too near it, but there was no traffic. Just a lot of rain. The sky seems to darken when it rains and it drowns out the color and the emotion reflected in the drops make my head start to pound. Everything looked so solemn.

There's a weird and depressingly poetic thought that seems to invade my mind as I'm sitting in the taxi. Somewhere out there, I'm sure, someone just died...

I blame it on the rain giving me odd thoughts as we begin to near the port. I pay the driver and haul my items into the large building.

TSA didn't give me all too much trouble and I managed to slip into the station and to my flight making fairly good time. I took a seat in the waiting room of my flights section and allowed myself the courtesy of some soft relaxing music.

But it wasn't long before I started to hear odd things being drowned out in the lyrics.

In the lyrics of the song, I could almost make out somebody saying something out in the real world. "......Somebody's death-day somewhere...."

I pulled out my earplug to listen again but could hear nothing. The voice that had said it was not speaking again.

I lean my head back. What are the odds somebody was talking about the exact same thing I had thought of in the car? Not fantastic odds I guess, but it is possible...

After a while of listening I catch the lady calling my flight. I get up, show her the ticket, and bord the flight.

The fly to London wasn't all that bad. I did have to sit in coach because I wasn't made of money, but there was nobody booked next to me, so I got some room to stretch out and be happy.

Turbulence is a bitch though. And with the current rainy and stormy weather, there was quite a bit of it. And it's hard to sleep when you doze off and suddenly everything starts to shake around you. For a split second you are sure you're gonna die.

Then the shaking stoops and the cycle starts again.

I begin to finally doze off to sleep...