Chapter 4

It's been a week and life hasn't quite been as bad as I had thought it was with this lunatic nightmare that won't even tell me his name. He's told me his goal is to attempt to get me to kill myself, but has made little to no strides in doing so.

He's just been really annoying and a pain in my ass.

It's been a gift not ever having to deal with depression or suicidal thoughts before now, and to be honest, even if I was suicidal, I don't think this little shit would be doing enough to get me to commit suicide anyway. He says he's a nightmare and he's here to make my life a living hell, but he's just been a really annoying and awful room mate.

Head room mate that is.

He lives in my head and talks to me there and rarely comes out only to push something over and generally make a nuisance of himself but stops when I ask him if he's done throwing a toddler tantrum because he can't get me to hand over my life.

That usually throws him into a sort of screaming fit and he yells and tries to fight me but it never works and that's pretty much what he is.

An asshole. An asshole with a goal that he will never reach.

In any case, I started my schooling now and it's been okay but nothing too fantastic. So far they've just been teaching the very foundation of what we're supposed to be learning, so it's everything I already know. It's a new sort of thing from high school. They don't treat you like a kid in college, they let you do whatever you need to succeed and whatever means that has is what it is. They don't hold your hand. They don't baby you.

You're an adult and they allow it. That's just how it is.

Concerning this whole nightmare deal and everything that comes with it, I don't know if this little demon guy even wants to do this job. Or maybe he's just bad at it.

Either way, he's still annoying and inconvenient and an asshole. And he pisses me off constantly and I hate him.

Hate has been a pretty strong emotion as of recently and I think it has something to do with the ass cloud of edgy teenage angst. He said something about making me feel his emotion and I think the only emotion he can feel is hate.

I kind of want to learn more about him, but there's not a lot I figure I can do to learn that.

But I've seen him reading something before... I wonder if that's just a book or maybe something important.

But I doubt he'll let me read it if I ask. I doubt he'd do anything for me if I asked except tie the nuce to hang me with. He's kind of that kind of dick.

So I might have to take a peek at it next time I see him reading it...

Low and behold, that very next day, he's reading in a chair again and as I carefully ease my way around, I see a name in the book quickly before he realizes my peeping and shuts it quickly. "What do you think you're doing." He said, glaring at me.

"Cooth evergreen. Is that your name, night?" He asked.

"That's none of your business, peeping Tom, you utter that name again and I'll kill you myself, I don't care if I don't get a new life if i do, it would be worth it!" He growled and disappeared.

I held my hands up in defense, a little shocked at the response. That's definitely his name, and I don't think he likes it. I might use it against him one day, but the little shits touchy right now, so possibly later.

I scratched the back of my head and went to my computer.

Typing in his name, I figured out so much about him. Or more like who he was.

Many arrivals were written about the suicide of the forgotten boy. Someone with no rep behind his name. A lost guy with nowhere to be, nothing to prove and no place to go. This was Cooth. A nobody.

I folded my arms. "Maybe that's why he's such a prick."

"What are you doing." Came his demanding voice.

"Reading."

"Why are you reading that. Knock that off. You won't learn anything that way, I wasn't anyone worth writing about." He said, rolling his eyes.

"Maybe that's why you're a prick."

"You know what Davis, fuck off. I didn't tell you to search my name on the internet and then fucking trash on me you ignorant fuck. You don't know what I've gone through, you don't know who I am and you DONT KNOW ME. So stop thinking you do and fuck off that page!" He yelled then disappeared.

That was a fair judgment I guess. I kinda deserved it.

I really wanted to just... know who this is that I'm dealing with here. Sometimes when you know your demons, you can cope with them better.

I didn't ask though. But being that I've made him heated not only once, but twice today, the answer is most likely gonna be no. So I may have to wait a little while longer...

During classes the next day is what really made me hate him and want him out of my life.

It was workshop day and the coat I was close to finishing for Chastopher was getting the last of the faux rabbit fur on the hood and sleeves. I was drinking some coffee but attempting to keep it away from the project because of the amount of time I've committed to this coat and I knew my brother would love it. And like a fucking movie, this asshole decided to spill it on the coat and most likely ruined it.

I had no time to yell at him, scream at him, or even make a scene, I just grabbed the coat and ran for the wash. I knew if I acted fast that I could keep it from staining.

I was fast enough to get the coffee off that it only mildly tinted it, and getting that tint of stain out would be an easy and generally timeless task.

I was still furious.

After knowing the stain would be okay, I turned to the little shit and whispered harshly. He could've ruined my brothers coat. I had been working on it for weeks and I was so close to finishing it and the other had put me back about two steps. "You wanna explain what the FUCK you think you're doing?!" I whispered harshly. "Your 'job' was to make me try to kill myself, not to piss me off and ruin good work! Ruining the things I'm trying to do isn't gonna make me kill myself, it's going to make me pissed off and hate you even more than I already do and trust me, that's pretty fucking hard to do that considering how much I already do hate you and everything you fucking stand for!!" I hissed. I poked his chest. "You were a human once, yes?! Then you would understand that when you ruin other people's stuff that does NOT help your little 'everyone hates me' complex that you seem to have. Do you know WHY everyone hates you?! Because you're an insufferable prick and you tend to piss people off constantly and you DONT GIVE A SHIT. Maybe you should start GIVING A SHIT, and people would find you a more pleasant person to be around!!" I hissed. I was furious. Half of that I probably didn't need to say, it may have been harsh, but I wanted him to know how much this coat meant to me. It was for my brother, and my brother meant more to me than the world.

That definitely did the trick. Cooth was silent. He just stood there, his shoulders sunk and his eyes showed nothing. "Uh.." he looked away and disappeared.

"Fucking prick." I growled, turning back to the coat. I managed to get the stain out of it and bring it back to finish it.