Chapther 8

"Take a seat, Cooth." Sarah said, pulling a seat out for me in the library.

I was active within Charlie as I took a seat as to not disturb people in the library.

Sarah sits in front of me and takes a book out of her bag. "This is the alternate guide to nightmareship. This is what destroyed their legacy last time, and it's what is hopefully going to cancel your line of the loop now."

"How do I start."

She smiles. "Nightmares have a way to reverse their color and leave to the light. They are not required to leave to the light when their color is reversed, but it gives them the option to. Does this make sense?"

"How do I get my color back?"

"Feeling the true opposite of your stationery emotion will return you your color. So if your stationary emotion is hate..."

"I have to fall in love?!" I yell louder than I intended to and stood quickly from my chair. I looked at the people starting to look at me and quickly apologized before returning to a sitting position. "I have to fall in love?? What kind of bullshit is this fairy tail crap???" I said, softer this time.

"Remind yourself what other nightmares have to go through to get their color back, Cooth. Try feeling Brave when all you've known is fear, try feeling happy when there's no reason to anymore, try feeling closure when all you've known is regret, Cooth. You should consider yourself lucky."

"How. The. Fuck. Am I supposed to fall in love? I'm a nightmare! Even if I did fall in love, it wouldn't be reciprocated!" I said. I don't know what kinda rules this has, what it needs to be.

"You don't just fall in love, Cooth. You have to show for it. You need to prove that you truly are in love before it will reverse your color." She said.

"So not only do I have to fall in love, I have to show for it too??? This is fucking ridiculous."

"Its your only other out, Cooth." She said.

"I know...." I thought about it for a second.

"May I see your guide? There are some pages I need to help you see in order to get the information out of them." Sarah said.

I nodded and pulled out my book from Charlie's bag. I handed it to her.

She takes out a pin and pricks her finger with it, allowing a drop fall onto the blank pages where the other chapters were located. She mumbled something in a language I don't understand and smears the blood across the page.

The pages light up a bit and words suddenly appeared across the pages. "Read these when you have a chance. It's the secret stuff added by a part of the coven that's working to betray these acts." She said. "Thats why they are in there. There's also a lot of fun little things you can do to bond with your host in there as well." She said, smiling. She handed me the book and I tuck it into my bag. I'll have to look through it later.

"Alright. Now that you've been scolded and helped along your way, I hope the next I see you, you'll be a bit more colorful." She said, beginning to leave.

"Thank you Sarah." I called to her.

"No Cooth. This is a good deed on you. I'm in your gratitude." Then she left.

I tap my fingers on the table in front of me in pure excitement. I take a breath. "You know what this means right?" I whisper to Charlie.

'That you can get a chance at closure?' I hear him ask.

"Exactly!" I whisper.

I get up and put on his coat and grab his bag as I begin to leave. "I should read that book for a bit, Charlie. You talk to your brother, okay?" I recede back into his head, away from control and he regains it.