Chapter 11

Pulling my knees to my chest, I couldn't figure out how to respond.

"Cooth?"

"I don't know, okay? Why are you pressing me for it, I don't have and answer for you and I don't know if I will so just... stop asking me!" I said, not meaning to snap at him. I was stressed.

There was silence from the other.

"I'm sorry Ch-" I started an apology but then I felt him start to hug me.

"Dont apologize. It's okay. I get it, it's kind of stressful to think about things like this. You don't have to answer me. That's your choice. I'm okay with it." Charlie said.

I lean on him a little, enjoying the comfort the other was providing. "I need a emotional reset." I said.

"Do you wanna do that now?" Charlie asked.

I nodded.

"Mm, okay." He said.

My emotional resets are Charlie letting me out for a while so I can have an outlet and a pallet of emotion to pick and choose from. It helps me understand what I'm feeling and sort out my thoughts and emotions. When I'm using his body, I can feel more emotions and beyond that understand them too. Because right now I don't know what I'm feeling and can't figure it out.

"But, you cant listen to my thoughts right now, I need to be privet." I told him.

"It's okay. Just pop some earbuds in. You know the drill." Charlie said, putting on the sunglasses in case my thinking time goes over the allotted study time and Chastopher pops his head in. He doesn't want Chastopher to see my yellow eyes whenever I'm out. And that's fair and I can deal with that.

Taking this into Charlie, I can start to see the emotional haze clear and now I'm realizing what's going on.

The cramps aren't cramps.

Before I go further, I put some earbuds in and start playing some music to occupy Charlie and keep him from listening into my thoughts. This is another thing we found out during bonding time, that if either one of us has music in our ears, the other can't hear them think. It's a good way to keep some privacy between us.

We don't really do it all that often, but when we need some serious thinking time, it's provides it for us.

With Charlie occupied, I have room to think.

And wow I did not realize I was this in love with him.

So the cramping I get is butterflies. I've never had them before and with a human body, it's actually quite nice. But in my nightmare form it hurts like a bitch and feels like stabbing. Lord knows why.

I also noticed that the protective feeling I get when Charlie talks to anyone else aside from his brother is pretty much me being jealous. And I guess... that's something I'm gonna have to figure out how to control myself over. Because I've never been a jealous person before now. But love makes you do crazy things.

And that brings me to a question. If I'm in love with Charlie, how come I'm not getting my color back yet? The book said that if I can prove I can feel love I get my color back...

Ah. That's what it is. I have to prove it.

But how in the fuck am I supposed to prove that I love him?