Chapter 12

Charlie trusts me to make the right decisions and right now I don't know what those decisions are. I want to imprint, but i don't know what that means nor what it fully entails...

Charlie and i lye in the bed together as we begin to talk. "You know... I never have even been close enough to someone to talk about shit like this... I've been bottling up everything from my life because there was never anyone I could talk to about it..." I told him.

"Well, it's good to get it out. I like learning about you. It's nice. You've had a pretty... tough life..."

"It only gets worse... so when I was 15 my parents split up, but neither of them wanted to keep me. So they both just left me alone one night. I just woke up and nobody was home and anything that my parents wanted to keep was gone. There was still some stuff left, but not much. I managed to sell whatever was left to make money to eat, and when it finally got close enough to the end of the money that I had, I got a shitty job working in a warehouse. It was a shit job, but it made money. I got student loans so I could go to college, but I never had a plan... I was taking general education just to get something going, but I never felt like I was accomplishing anything... I did take a number of music classes and can pretty much play whatever instrument you put in front of me, as long as it has strings."

"What's your favorite to play?"

"Guitar. Love playing guitar. I even like the violin a bit." I told him.

"You play violin?"

"It's one of my favorites."

"I play violin too! I have one with me as well, I don't play it as much anymore, though. I taught Chastopher how to play the violin. He is taking a class for it."

"Lucky boy. He must be having fun with that."

"You like my brother?"

"He's a good kid. I'd scare him though if I ever tried to talk to him. Maybe one day we'll talk, but for now, eh. Not something that I'm too interested in doing. Scaring a kid." I said.

"I feel that's fair. Did you ever have siblings?"

"No. My mother had me as an accident and after that she never made the same mistake again." I said.

"I can see a pattern here."

"What's that?"

"Your life has been growing up with people who didn't want you around. You never had a roll model. That I'm sure has effected your behavior a little. Just enough to spike anxiety that enhances the feelings you have to others. And if anyone shows any kind of anger to you, it's enhanced by both of you and then you perceive it as them hating you. And then they hate you. Because you've decided to hate them because you think they hate you."

"Hey that's a pretty deep dig you did there~" I said, flipping over, half on top of him and half not. I touch my nose to his. "One day Im gonna be just as good as you at picking at backgrounds to learn things about them they didn't even know." I joke.

Charlie laughs and sinks down into the bed. "I took a psychology class so I guess I'm obviously an expert." He said, sarcastically.

"Charlie, don't ever change." I said, kissing his nose then flopping over onto my side, half hugging him.

"I haven't got much to change about myself right now, Cooth." He said, patting my back.

We sit like this for a while, it's calming and peaceful.

"Cooth?"

"Hm."

"What did you look like before... you had to give up your color?" He asks.