Chapter 9

While Charlie was speaking with his brother, I decided to look into that new chapter a little bit. Couple chapters actually. Sarah must've had quite a few.

Color

A nightmares set emotion can have Combative holding out in the form of opposite emotions. For instance, if a nightmares set emotion is fear, this nightmares combative emotion would be bravery. Hatred has a combative of Love, and so on.

These combative emotions are indeed hard to feel, but not impossible. When felt in a sudden harsh burst of proof that the nightmare can feel this emotion, a change may occur.

Color will suddenly ease its way into the nightmares normal void like shadow and the nightmare will regain its original form, looking as that of a spirit of his or her format self. The tie between the nightmare and host will be severed and the nightmare has options.

1) They may leave their host to the afterlife and move on from them, spending their afterlife like anyone else.

2) They may stay with their host, but without restrictions on distance, still able to do the things a nightmare use to do but in their lightened spirit form.

3) Plans may be made to possibly resurrect the spirit of the nightmare with the help of a necromancer.

In this new brightened color form, the spirit will find it easier to feel other emotions and bonding with their host will prove much easier.

Some nightmares find it so easy to bond with their hosts even before their color that it could even lead to imprintation.

Imprintation occurs at the highest point of bond and trust between a nightmare and its host. It is the peak of all trust and hands over chosen control of the hosts body to the nightmare.

I shut the book. There's a little more for me to read, but Ill read more later, I need to process the current text.

My thoughts drift back to Charlie and it makes my stomach itch. "What's going on with me?" I whisper. Just thinking about us getting together at all, even simply hugging him, I can't... not... think about it at least a little... I mean... I am kinda stuck with him...

I shake my head and tune into the conversation with him and his brother.

"He was really nice... and sweet, and he left me a card in the hospital... Cooth evergreen..." I heard him say.

This comment makes my stomach tense up and itch. Does he really think of me like this? Does he know I can hear him? My face feels hot...

"He has dark black hair... yellow eyes... and a sweet attitude that just attracts, ya know?"

What?? Is-... what is he doing? Why is he praising me? And how does he know what I look like?

"Ooooo~ does my brother have a crush on his little hero?" Chastopher teased.

"W-What? No! I... I appreciate what he did! You know, if it wasn't for him I would be dead!" He said, trying to defend himself.

I could feel the itch turn to something else, something sinking. Almost disappointment. But it doesn't make sense.

"Have you met him since?"

"Ahhhhhh uhhhhhhm.... yyyeesss." He said, sounding really unconvincing.

"And?"

"He's quite the gentleman." He said.

Oh my god. Does he have a crush on me? Am I supposed to be hearing this?! This is fucking unreal!