Brendon Urie Maze Runner AU pt. 2

Your POV

Pete ran into the maze, all of us trailing behind him. We ran silently for a while. No one spoke, probably because Pete wasn't in good spirits after the events following this morning. I hated that everyone hit on me all the time. I wasn't some toy to be played with by the boys. Brendon understood that from the beginning, that's why I loved him.

We came to a halt, Pete stopping almost with a skid. He put a finger to his lips, signaling us to be quiet. We heard what sounded like gears churning. Metal on metal.

"Griever." Pete mouthed taking a step back. It was getting closer. Patrick looked terrified. He had never seen one before. He began to breath heavily, looking sick. He fainted, his body leaving a thud as it hit the ground. It echoed throughout the maze. 

A high pitched screech rung in my ears. Brendon grabbed my hand tightly. "We gotta go, Y/N." He whispered. 

Andy and Joe lifted Patrick onto their shoulders . Just then, the griever turned the corner of the stone walls. It sprinted towards us. I doubted we would make it out. Brendon let go of my hand. 

"I'm sorry." He ran the opposite direction, leading the griever the other way. I was about to chase after him, but Pete grabbed my shoulder.

"Leave him, we can't lose you too." Pete's words were heartfelt, but I didn't want to hear them. 

"I- I can't." I looked in his eyes, removing the hand on my shoulder. I sprinted in the direction Brendon had gone, hoping he was still alive. 

Time skip... 

I had been running for what seemed like hours. I sat down against the frigid stone walls to catch my breath. It was freezing, unlike nights in the glade. I could see my own breath against the light the moon provided for me. A familiar sound surrounded me. The walls of the maze were closing. I knew I wouldn't make it out in time. My heart sunk.  I got up, knowing the only thing to do was to keep looking for Brendon. 

"Y/N." A whisper I could barely hear came from somewhere near me. 

"Brendon? Where are you." I spoke quietly. 

"Over here." He managed to say a little louder. I looked far ahead of me, noticing a body by the walls hidden under the vines. 

"Oh my god Brendon." I scurried towards him.

Tears stained his face. He barely opened his eyes to see me. They were bloodshot and laced with pain. He held his side with one hand, which was covered in blood.

"What happened?" I sat down beside him, putting his head in my lap. 

"It stung me." His eyes were closed once again, I knew he was trying to concentrate on something other than the pain. I began to stroke his hair, giving him a kiss on his forehead. He smiled slightly at my touch. "I love you y/n. I shouldn't have let you become a runner. This is my fault. Now we're both gonna die here." 

"If it's anyones fault it's mine. We're not gonna die Brendon. We just have to survive the night. We'll get out in the morning." I looked down at him.

"I'm cold." His lip quivered.

"Here." I moved his head off my lap, laying beside him. I wrapped him in a hug, hoping I could provide him some warmth. He pulled himself closer as much as he could. He was so cold. Tears began to leave my eyes as I held him. 

Brendon drifted off, but my eyes wouldn't close. I checked to make sure he was still breathing every five minutes till the sun came up. 

(And there's part two. Pls comment if you guys like the story more in your POV or second person POV for the next chapter. Hope you enjoyed! Xx)