Death of a Strawberry (Dallon Weekes ft. DGD)

(Thanks to the person who requested this and gave me the idea. If you're a Dance Gavin Dance fan this one's for you. It's titled after one of my favorite DGD songs. Hope you enjoy and happy reading Xx)

Your POV

A security guard escorted me to the front row of my best friend's concert. Jon had been begging me for weeks to go to one of DGD's shows, but I'd barely gotten around to it now. The venue was small, but completely packed. I'd listened to their stuff before, and I must say, they completely deserve all the fans they have. It was general admission and I was glad to be front row, safe from being trampled. I took my phone out of my pocket to text Jon, hoping to see him backstage before his set started in an hour. I sent a simple 'Backstage?' text, to which he quickly replied 'On it.' Within minutes the security guard came back.

"Follow me." His deep voice boomed over the crowd. He placed a hand on my back, leading me backstage. I trotted up the steps, excited to see Jon. I hadn't seen him in months, which made me extremely "Jon deprived" as I liked to call it. I turned the corner to the stage, spotting Jon. He was with Tilian and Will laughing uncontrollably at who knows what. He stopped once he saw me.

"Y/N!" He ran up to me, going in for a hug. He picked me up and spun me around. Seems a little intense, but we're just those kind of friends. I've known him my entire life, and we're definitely not shy around each other.

"Jon!" I squealed, hugging him back. I missed him so much, just happy to be here with him. His band mates are also pretty cool guys, so that's a plus. He set me down as two guys walked in. I mean these guys were characters. One of them was really tall and the other had blue hair. Their style wasn't conventional either. Who were they? Pretty sure they weren't a new addition to the band that Jon didn't tell me about. Jon placed an arm around my shoulder leading me to where they were standing.

"Guys, I'd like you to meet my best friend Y/N. She's here for the concert." He introduced me to them. "And Y/N, this is Dallon and Ryan of IDKHOW." He nudged me forward to mingle with them, which made me a little uncomfortable being somewhat of an introverted person. I noticed the guy with the blue hair, Ryan, was fiddling with some drumsticks. I guess that made him the drummer. He was the first to talk to me.

"It's nice to meet you. We're gonna be opening." Ryan held out a hand, accompanied by a cheery smile that made me feel not so intimidated. I shook his hand, probably for a little too long. I then turned to Dallon, making eye contact. He smiled, but oddly enough, didn't say a word. I felt like this guy was staring into my soul. I didn't mind it to be honest. There was something so endearing about the way he was looking at me. Ryan elbowed him gently, whispering an eager 'Say something' under his breath.

"Oh...um. I'm Dallon." He rubbed the back of his neck, awkwardly chuckling. I found his awkwardness kind of adorable.

"Yeah, it seems you are." I quietly laughed at the fact that Jon already told me his name earlier. Maybe he forgot. I'd probably do the same thing.

"You guys are on in five!" Someone shouted from behind us, alerting the boys and myself.

"Cool meeting you Y/N. I guess we'll see you out there?" Ryan vocalized, reminding me to get back to the crowd. I replied with a simple 'Sure' and we parted ways. I noticed Dallon stop before walking onto the stage. He glanced back at me for a moment, taking a deep breath. He looked nervous and I decide to say something.

"Good luck." I gave him a small smile before the security guard took me back to my spot in the crowd. Dallon and Ryan walked onto the stage. Ryan sat at his drum set and Dallon adjusted the mic. An acoustic guitar was brought out and handed to him, making me question what kind of music these guys played.

"So this first song is actually a cover from a band I was in. It's called Love at First Sight." He spoke out into the crowd. I wasn't sure a song called 'Love at First Sight' would get the crowd going, especially since these were DGD fans, but hey, who knows? He began strumming his guitar, a few simple chords that went really well together. I found them quite beautiful. He started the first verse. "Could this be love at first sight, or should I walk by again?" Just as the words left his mouth, he spotted me in the crowd. His gaze focused on me and mine on him. He continued the song, almost singing the lyrics to me. It felt like the crowd wasn't there. I was captured by the way the song made me feel, or maybe even the way he did. I felt every word and I didn't know how to explain it. "All of these are the prettiest things when I'm... in love." He finished the song, taking a deep breath.

Their set wasn't long, only about nine songs. Dallon surprisingly joined me in the crowd when they had finished. It would probably be another half hour before DGD's set started. "Hi." He smiled sweetly, taking off his jacket.

"Hey, are you allowed to be down here?" I questioned, not sure if it was safe for him to be in the crowd. I was happy to see him though and maybe even ask about what was going on while he was on stage.

"I don't think anyone is going to try to kidnap me. Pretty sure no one knows who we are anyways." He chucked, not really seeming to mind what he said. That made me even more interested in him. I assumed most musicians would want to be well known. We fell into a comfortable silence, merely being aware of our surroundings.

"Sorry if this is weird, but it kinda felt like you were singing to me on stage." I stated, In the tone that you would use if you were asking a question. I should have thought a little more before saying that. It was probably just an act.

"What if I was?" His voice turned more quiet than usual, his face becoming a little red.

"Wouldn't be the worst thing." I laughed, letting him know I was joking.

"Good." He spun me around, planting a kiss on my lips. I reciprocated his action, letting him know I felt the same way. Just then, DGD took the stage, Jon laughing his guts out when he saw Dallon and I.

(We're getting so close to 600 reads! You guys seriously make my life, goodnight lovelies Xx)