Brendon Urie Maze Runner AU pt. 3

Second Person POV

Dark circles surrounded your eyes, the sun peeking behind the clouds above you. The ground was still damp and freezing. Brendon lay beside you shivering in his sleep. You held on to him tight, like you had the whole night. 

"Bren." You whispered, shifting your body weight. "We gotta go."

 He weakly smiled at you brushing your hair out of your face. "Come' ere." 

You leaned in for him to kiss you. You gently pulled away, resting your forehead on his for a moment. 

"The walls are about to open." You spoke softly, for fear that speaking too loud would somehow hurt him more. 

"Ok." He replied. You helped him up, his hand still gripping his bloodied side. He wrapped his arm around your shoulder for balance. You slowly began to walk to towards the exit of the maze,  Brendon limping along with you. It was silent for most of the time. An occasional "You ok?" coming from you. He would only nod his head or mumble a weak yeah in your direction. You stopped suddenly when you saw blood and guts smashed between two walls. 

"Is that uh-" Your eyes widened, not believing what you saw. 

"A griever, I killed it last night." Brendon merely stated. You were shocked, curiously staring at it, not being able to take your eyes away.

"What is that?" You pointed at a small red light flashing from within the flesh of the griever. You set Brendon beside a wall, taking a couple steps towards the body. You reached your hand into it, pulling out the object. Your hand was covered in mucus and blood. You shook it off in disgust. The object was a metal cylinder, about the size of a flashlight. You shoved it into your backpack, walking back to Brendon. 

"Y/N, please don't touch me with that hand." He still had his humor, despite the circumstances. 

"This hand?" You giggled, putting your hand on his shoulder. 

"Gross." He leaned his head back laughing, coughing slightly at the end. You picked his arm up once again wrapping it around you. You both continued the journey back to the glade, making it back within another 30 minutes. Dallon and Patrick were waiting at the entrance patiently sitting on the grass. 

"I told them you guys were coming back." Patrick excitedly stood up to hug you guys. He gave you a hug first, then, realizing Brendon's condition, opted for a shoulder pat. 

"It got you bad huh?" Dallon asked looking at Brendon's side sympathetically. Brendon just looked at his red stained hand. "Sorry man." 

Gerard came running over, along with Frank who had what looked like a full course meal for you in his hands. Ray and Mikey were carrying water and fresh clothes for the both of you.

"Brendon, you're gonna have to see the medjacks." Gerard had his arms crossed in concern. "Boys, follow them over there." He commanded Ray, Mikey, and Frank. They tagged along with you and Bren, walking back to where the medjacks resided. You stepped into the wooden building, setting Brendon down on a cot. 

Two medjacks came in shortly after. Ryan and Ryan. The blue haired one went by Ryan S. The other went by Ryan R. They both looked at you instead of Brendon. 

"What? Is he gonna be ok?" You were in no mood for this nonsense. 

"No, absolutely not. The flare is gonna eat him alive. But, now that your boyfriend is gone, I'm available you know?" Ryan R. responded in a chill tone to your very serious question. 

"Shuckface! I don't even know why you're a medjack, you guys are useless!" You shouted angrily at the boys. They left the room, not having anything else to say. 

"I'm sorry guys. I have food though." Frank stood next to you handing you the food, setting some of it down on a small table nearby. 

"Thanks Frank." You smiled weakly at him as he nodded, leaving the room. Mikey and Ray set the clothes and water down by the food, following Frank out the building. You crouched down beside Brendon, taking off your backpack. You pulled out the device, clicking a button on the bottom. A small, glass, blue vile fell out onto your hand. It had a cap which you pulled off. It was a syringe with a needle. 

"Brendon?" You showed him the vile. His eyes opened half way to see it. 

"Do it, it's my only chance." He whispered looking into your eyes.

"Ok. I love you Bren." You said, lifting the syringe into the air, about to stab it into him. 

"Love you more." He softly lifted the corners of his mouth. You plunged the needle into his arm. He shut his eyes, expecting something to happen. He opened them slowly, realizing the veins he had all over him were disappearing. You looked into his eyes, seeing the redness fade away. 

You sighed a breath of relief. "It's working." You grabbed his hand holding it in yours. He smiled closing his eyes gently gripping your hand. "We'll tell Gerard later, just get some rest." You kissed his forehead, about to walk away. 

"Stay with me?" He squeaked from the cot behind you. 

"Fine." You chuckled, pulling a cot from across the room next to his. 

(Ok, that wraps up this AU. Hope you guys liked it. I think this is the longest chapter. I honestly really like how it turned out. I'll probably be doing more one shots from now on, but we'll see. Xx)