Stay Away From My Friends (Dallon Weekes)

(If you caught the title stolen from a Pierce the Veil song, I applaud you. This isn't really based off the song, kinda just a concept that came about from it. Hope you like it.Xx) 

(TWTLTRTD era)

Your POV

My chapped lips quivered. I slid my back down against the door, my hands pulling my knees to my chest. I tried to comprehend what I had just seen. Brendon, my boyfriend of two years was kissing a girl in his dressing room. The way he looked at her, was a familiar look I had known all too well. I squeezed my eyes shut, hot tears beginning to pour down. Why would he do this? Was I not good enough for him? It never occurred to me that he wasn't happy. I always made time for him, even though he didn't always do the same for me. The closet I had thrown myself into was small and dark, making the whole situation even sadder somehow. I tried to keep the tears back, but before I knew it, I was full on crying my eyes out. I was doing my best to keep quiet. I evidently failed when I heard two knocks behind me, making me jump a little.

"Y/N. Is that you?" The familiar voice whispered close to the door. I could tell exactly who it was. It made me not want to answer. They paused for a moment, waiting for my reply, which didn't come. "Hello?" They whispered, a little louder this time.

I wiped my tears, clearing my throat. It'd be weirder if I didn't answer, right? "Yeah? Do you need something Dallon?" I made it seem like it was odd for him to be asking the question. In reality it was a lot weirder for me to be hiding in the closet. I tried to pretend it was normal. 

"What're you doing in there?" He chuckled, making me feel insecure. Obviously Dallon didn't see  Brendon with that girl. I'd never seen her in my life, but I guess Bren sure had. 

"Nothing. I'm fine." I promptly returned a laugh too, one I didn't feel in the mood for at all. It was my only way of brushing off his question. Not sure it worked though. 

"I'm coming in." The doorknob turned, me pushing my back against it. There's no way he could see me like this. I'm pretty sure he thought Brendon and I were the perfect couple, no problems whatsoever. I didn't want him to find out that I'd be leaving soon. I wouldn't be touring with them anymore, had no reason to. 

"I'm good Dall." I insisted, almost shouting. He pushed the door open and I had no choice but to move. I shuffled into the corner, doing the only thing I could. I turned around so he couldn't see my face. Admittedly, it wasn't the best idea, but what else could I do? He laughed at the randomness of it, grabbing both of my shoulders. He spun me around to face him. Dallon's light-hearted expression turned into one of sadness and anger. 

"What'd he do?" He asked, vengefully. I could see the range behind his crystal blue eyes. I didn't want to say anything. I could just lie, make something up. I'm sure he'd believe it, but I didn't really want to. I needed someone in that moment and he was there. 

"He-" The tears began once again, my voice cracking. He'd never seen me cry, but I felt oddly comfortable. "I saw him. With that girl. He kissed her and..." I couldn't continue. He pulled me into a hug, which I tensed up to at first. Then I relaxed, letting a deep breath out. His arms were wrapped gently around me like I was a piece of glass. He rested his head on my shoulder. It was a closer hug than either of us had shared before, but I didn't mind it. It felt warm and genuine, a way I had never felt with Brendon before. I always felt like I came second for him. This felt nothing like that. 

"I'm sorry Y/N." He broke the comfortable silence. I pulled away so I could see his face. His eyes were a little teary, to my surprise. It was something that made me feel just as vulnerable as I'm sure it did him. I took a step closer to him. 

"Thanks." I laughed a little, sniffling. Just the sentiment meant something to me even if it wasn't exactly going to help with my situation. He placed his hands on my hips, to which I responded with placing mine around his neck. It wasn't as awkward as I felt it would be. He leaned in, placing a light kiss on my forehead. I wanted him to kiss my lips, I felt more content in his arms than I ever had before. I glanced at his lips. His eyes darted to mine. We moved in simultaneously, our lips finding each others. 

"Y/N!" Brendon shouted. He stood at the door, eyes focused on us. I owed him no explanation. 

"I saw you Brendon. Please just go." I kept my voice calm and firm. There was no need for me to be arguing with him. He wasn't worth it. 

"I-" His stance immediately weakened. He knew what I was talking about. I'm not sure if he even felt guilty about it. He could love this girl for all I know. 

"Go." I lowered my voice even more, making it evident I wanted nothing to do with him. Brendon  showed no signs of any certain emotion. He walked away slowly, leaving Dallon and I in the closet alone again. He looked down at my hand, picking it up in his. I smiled to myself, thinking of what had just happened. Maybe it was for the best. 

(Wow, major feels. Goodnight lovelies Xx)