Absinthe (Dallon Weekes AU)

[Well hello there my lovelies. I've been wanting to make an AU where the reader is a vampire. I know, CLICHÉ. But I kinda love vampires so yeah. Here you go.  (I'm thinking this is probably going to have multiple parts)]

      Just get out of here. Those words ran through my brain every second. Filling every thought in my head except for the one looming over me. Blood. Kill someone, take theirs. I just didn't want to hurt anyone. I've never wanted to hurt anyone.
I hid under the shadows in the streets. My mind fighting my body on whether or not I should take someone's life for my own pleasure. The piercing noise of music boomed in the building beside me. A concert was being held there tonight and from what I guessed in about 10 minutes there'd be a flood of people rushing out. It'd be better to leave now, I told myself. My feet ignored my mind and stayed put, their soles planted firmly into the ground. Why can't I move?
"That was crazy Ryan," Two guys walked out from the back of the building, heading for a van parked in the lot. My eyes sharpened at their scent, the sound of their footsteps, and their tall statures. 

The one who talked, he was taller than the other. I noticed they stopped walking and were looking straight at me. No, this can't be happening. "Hey, are you okay?" The taller one shouts at me. I tensed up at the sound of his voice. I didn't say anything, mostly because I couldn't. I needed to hold my breath in order not to fully lose control. "I'm gonna go check on her, the same one quietly told his friend. I panicked and ran the other way, his footsteps trailing behind me. It was dark, darker than usual and I thought I'd hide in an alleyway. 

    I slumped down against the cold stone walls and took a breath, thinking it was safe to do so. "I'm sorry I followed you. I really just want to make sure you're ok." He came out of nowhere. I jumped a little, making me look skittish I'm sure. 

    "You need to get out of here, please." I tried to sound calm, and not like I was about to kill him. He put a hand on my shoulder, barely touching it. That's when I realized something was off. He wasn't warm, not at all. I couldn't hear the blood running through his veins. There was nothing about him that made him human, except his eyes, which were bluer than any I'd seen. I'm sure by now my eyes were alarmingly red from how hungry I was. 

   "I'll be fine. Not so sure about you though." He genuinely looked concerned, which was nothing I had seen from another vampire before. Everyone else I'd met was selfish and conceited. 

"Does your friend know?" I tried to concentrate my thoughts on something other than the void I felt in my body. 

"He's one too. You should take this." He handed me a glass of what I assume he had been drinking. Blood. I took it without hesitation and felt my body relax as I drank it. The silvery taste still disgusted me. 

"You shouldn't be drinking this in public, you know?" I laughed a little for the first time since I met him. 

"Yeah, I know. I'm Dallon by the way."

"Y/N."

A/N- (It's been a little while since school started, so I thought I'd take the weekend to update. Idk if you guys noticed, but that was in fact written I past tense lol. Usually I tend to write in present tense as if stuff is currently happening. Let me know what you guys think. Night lovely peeps Xx)