Scared (Brendon Urie feat. Get Scared)

(This one was requested, so thank you to the person who did that. Before we dive in here, I just wanted to apologize before hand because this might not be super accurate in terms of the band. I did do some research, but I'm not 100% on it. And it's kinda long. I hope you like it, though. Alright, enjoy lovelies!)

"Does that guy look familiar to you?" I asked my best friend, Nick, over the loud music blaring in the backround. His band, Get Scared, was invited to a party being thrown by Kellin Quinn. He's obviously the most amazing friend in the world and asked me to come with him. 

"Which one?" He looked around the room, clearly not knowing who I was talking about. There was just something about this guy that was so familiar to me, but I couldn't quite pinpoint where I had seen him before. Then it hit me.

"Nick, holy shit. That's Brendon Urie." I tried to point to him inconspicuously, nodding my head in his direction. If I'm being honest, I've had a crush on this guy since I was a teenager. I never thought I'd even be in the same room as him. Even if that were a thing, which it was now, I probably would pass out if I tried talking to him. 

"Y/N, this is your chance. Go talk to him." Nick tried to nudge me towards him. I know he means well, but I'm already freaking out. What's the point anyways? I'm sure he's heard enough fans telling him how much they love his music. And this party is supposed to be a break from that, a chance just to hang out with friends. 

"Talk to who?" Dan came out of nowhere behind us. 

"Oh no-one. Just Y/N's biggest crush since forever." Johnny turned around from his casual talk with Lloyd and Adam to pitch in on the conversation we were having. Damn. I think all the boys heard us. 

"Oh my god guys. He's coming over here." I panicked. Brendon, drink in hand, started making his way over to us. What am I going to do? I thought I'd at least have some choice in the matter of whether or not I was actually going to talk to him. Forget that I guess. 

"Hi um... sorry to bother you." Brendon Urie was actually talking to me. I didn't even have to uncomfortably approach him. He could never bother me, though. I almost laughed to myself. 

"It's no problem." I smile, hopefully not in a creepy way. Nick takes the guys with him, winking at me. Not very subtle of you Nicholas. 

"I hope this isn't weird, but I was just wondering if I could maybe buy you a drink?" He looks down shyly. I wasn't expecting that. Now to come up with a reply. You see, this is my problem. I literally never know what to say. One thing I mustn't do is let my inner fangirl out.

"Yeah, sure." Simple but effective reply. 

Time skip... 

The party died down after about an hour of Brendon and I chatting at the bar. I think Kellin was getting annoyed that we wouldn't leave. It's weird how you get to know someone you thought you already knew so much about and realize you didn't know them at all. Brendon's funny and sometimes a little annoying in a cute way. He likes to talk about deep things that make no sense, but are so interesting. Towards the end of the night we started talking about music and bands. So of course, Panic! became part of the conversation. 

"I'm pretty sure Death of a Bachelor has to be my favorite Panic! album that we've made." Brendon spoke of it so highly. I honestly had kinda forgotten about Panic! till now. We had just been talking about regular stuff. 

"Mmmm... well..." I took a long sip of my drink. I kinda beg to differ.

"What?" He looked slightly offended, but I could tell he was just kidding. "You haven't heard all our albums, have you?" He cracked a sweet smile. I think the jig was completely up. He probably knew I was a fan since we started talking. 

"Maybe." I tried to hide my slight embarrassment. Hopefully I wasn't blushing, because all the lights were turned on now. 

"It's ok. I knew you were a fan. That's not the problem, though. What's wrong with Death of a Bachelor, Y/N?" He was just messing with me now. I like that he's not too serious. I'd be annoyed with him by now if he was. I didn't want to burst his bubble, but I decided to answer honestly.

"Nothing Brendon, It's great. Just... personally.. you know... I like Fever the most." I eased into the last part, trying not to say it too loud. 

"How dare you?" He faked a dramatic reaction. "Are you aware I didn't even write that album?"

"Kinda." I smiled, sympathetically. He just laughed, getting closer to me. His brown eyes were so pretty up close. "Does that mean you don't want to hang out with me?" I whispered as his face was just inches away from mine. 

"No. Just means I'll have to outdo that album. Maybe write a few songs about someone I met at a party." He whispered back. I closed the gap between our lips, half expecting him to pull away. But he didn't. I guess there really was nothing to be scared about.