Do I Know You? Pt. 1 (Dallon Weekes)

(I know all I keep writing is Dallon chapters hehe. They're my favorite to write though, so here we are. This one takes place right after the Panic! split.)

As always y/n=your name

Your POV

We  were holding auditions for a new bassist after Ryan and Jon left. It still felt surreal going on without them. My brother, Spencer, and I knew them since we were kids. 

I sat in the studio on a small foldable chair, waiting for the auditions to begin. My foot was tapping anxiously against the ground. Brendon and Spencer sat next to me, looking just about as nervous as I did. An alarming ding rung from my phone. I took it out of my pocket to see what it was. A text from Dallon, my 'secret boyfriend' at the moment. 

'About to audition, wish me luck.' It read. 

'Don't need it :)' My thumbs scrambled to type a reply. 

I shoved my phone back in my pocket, straightening my posture to seem more professional. 

"First audition should be here right about-" Brendon said, looking down at his watch "-now." I heard the studio door creak open. Footsteps followed, as well as a certain very tall guy who had a guitar slung over his shoulder. Dallon. What was he doing here? He didn't see me for a moment, till we locked eyes widening them in shock. 

"Uhh hem-" I cleared my throat "Name?" I wasn't sure what to say. He just gave an awkward smile, signaling he would go along with whatever I was doing. 

"Dallon Weekes." He pulled on a chill demeanor and almost cocky attitude. 

"Well Mr. Weekes, let's hear what you got." Brendon flashed him a friendly smile.

"Sure thing." He swung the guitar around, plugging it into a speaker nearby. Dallon began to strum the guitar strings, playing his own rendition of Time to dance. I watched, zoning out. Several thoughts were running through my head. What if they liked him and he got in? Would we have to break up for professionalism's sake? Would Spencer make me break up with him? I just stared at the ground, completely unaware of what was going on around me. 

"Y/N?" Brendon nudged my shoulder, causing me to look up. 

"Hmm?" I scratched my eyebrow lightly.

"What did you think?" He asked, smiling a little. Dallon had already left the room. 

"Oh- um, he's good I guess." I shrugged. 

"Y/N, he's perfect. This guy is definitely in the running." Spencer looked at me baffled.

"Shit." I barely whispered to myself. What was I supposed to do? "I wouldn't get too excited yet, we still haven't heard everyone else." I tried to play it off. The next 4 hrs were spent listening to bassists. None of them were as good as Dallon, but I was desperate to find one that I thought was decent to present to Brendon and Spencer. The last bassist finished auditioning, earning a kind 'Thank you, we'll get back to you later' from Brendon. She packed up and left, leaving us to deliberate.

"I still think Dallon's the one." Spencer spoke with the uttermost confidence in his voice. 

"Really? Cause I think Nick was great." I tried to seem enthusiastic, but I think they could tell I wasn't. 

"Sorry Y/N, I think Dallon is what's best for the band." Brendon empathetically looked at me. I couldn't say anything. I just had to go along with it, no matter what was gonna happen. 

"Ok, If you guys think it's right for the band, I can't argue." I put on a fake smile.

"Right, now that that's settled, we'll call him tomorrow. We're done for today." Bren stood up from his chair, ready to leave. Spencer followed him out the door. I waved, saying I was gonna 'hang out' for a little while. They just gave me a funny look. I took my phone out to call Dallon. 

"Hey, are you still at the studio?" He answered my call. 

"Yeah, where are you?" I replied, worry lacing my voice. 

"I'm in the parking lot." 

"You've been here the whole time?!" I said into my phone.

"I just wanted to talk to you, just come out here. I'll drive you home. Brendon and Spencer already left." His voice was much calmer than mine was. Was he not worried about our situation? Or did he have a plan? I slung my bag over my shoulder, and ran out the door. 

Dallon was in his car, a window rolled down. He had his sunglasses on. I walked to the passengers side, getting in, slamming the door. "What were you thinking? Why didn't you tell me you were auditioning for THIS band?" I put my face in my hands. 

"I knew you would never let me. I just wanted a shot to be a part of it. I wanted to be with you on tour and see you everyday." He took off his glasses. His sad blue eyes gleamed in the sunlight, making me feel bad. 

"I'm sorry Dall. I get it, but you could have told me that before." I gave him a sweet smile. 

"It's not like I got in anyways." He replied sheepishly.

"Yeah, not so sure about that." 

"Seriously?" He ran his hand through his hair.

"Seriously. What are we gonna do?" I lowered my voice. He took my hand.

"I have a few ideas." 

(Ok, there's part one. This will most likely have 3 parts, but it could just end up being two. Hope you enjoyed Xx)