chapter 5.5 (melancholy)

(recap)

(flashback)

"we should split up" asriel said

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

it's a beautiful day outside.
birds are singing,
flowers are blooming
one days like these,
heroes like you
. . .
welp, I can't really do anything. I'll just have to stall ya

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

izuku slammed Ida into the wall, but momo busted her way through the floor to protect her partner.

==================================

Izuku was about to fire a gaster blaster, but Ida kicked him before he could dodge, disrupting his attack. before asriel could do anything, momo threw a spear at the humanoid goat, but Izuku's eye flickered, and teleported in front of Asriel, taking the spear in the shoulder, bringing him to 0.000000001 hp. he fell to the ground, and his skeletal body faded away with dust, revealing a magically hidden behind the bones. asriel looked horrified, and held izuku's body as he was fading in and out of consciousness.

"a s r i e l

e n j o y  t h e  f i g h t  f o r  m e

o k"

Izuku said faintly as he collapsed from exhaustion and pain. tears streamed down asriels face, as he set his friends body down. the others were immobilized in fear of what had happened to Izuku.

"he . . .
. . .
. . .
HE WAS MY FRIEND" Asriel yelled.

his body begain to change again. he grew taller, grew horns, and now donned a gown that had some sort of emblem on it. a golden heart locket lifted out of his old sweater, and rested on his chest, donning the same emblem.

Asriel wanted to kill them, but knew it would be better to get izuku to safety. he sent a soul flame at his feet, creating a temporary smoke screen. he picked izuku's body up, and hid in a random room. he knew he could stay here for a while, as the bomb was hidden on top of the building. he started using KINDNESS and the limited healing magic toriel had taught him to try and heal izuku, and it luckily worked. he had a single HP, and the bleeding had stopped. Izuku remained unconscious, however.

after 30 minutes of healing, Izuku was fully recovered, but didn't seem close to waking up. a green flame burned in asriel's hand as a green bubble formed around Izuku. asrirl sought out momo and Ida, finding them traversing the dark corridors in search of him.

he fired a chaos blaster at the duo, and hit, and destroyed most of Ida's armour, and knocking him unconcious. "ya know, he almost died, right" Asriel asked, playing with her mind. she tried to throw a spear, but faltered. Izuku managed to start waking up, and saw what was happening. he teleported out, and summoned a gaster blaster to block asriels blaster. "Asriel, no killing. you can be mad, but don't kill her" izuku said. the wind pushed his jacket back, revealing a DELTA RUNE over where his soul was held.

(with all might)

"look at that symbol on midoriya's shirt, it's the same as the one on dreemurr's locket and robe" tsuyu said. "but didn't they just meet the other day" ojiro asked. "maybe, but I think they've met before. look at their quirks. lazer cannons, mutation, the sword, the bones, and now the symbol . . . maybe they know more than they're letting on" tokoyami suggested.

(back to the battle)

Asriel started to grow tired as the blaster was draining most of his energy. both Asriel and sans were covered in sweat, however Asriel passed out, reverting to his normal monster form. Izuku was just barely able to stay awake as he turned to momo.

"don't worry, I'm DETERMINED to keep going on" Izuku said, barely able to stand, "I . . . Will . . . defeat . . . you" Izuku said, as he passed out.