1

Soyeon sat in a restaurant with her two best friends, tapping her foot nervously while she stared at the door. She waited for three boys to walk through while the girls talked next to her.

"Why do we have to hang out with them?" Heejin asked.

"Because Jeno is my boyfriend and we want our friends to coexist," Jiyeon replied. "Just be nice, they're cool guys I promise."

"Coexisting means saying hi to each other in the hallway or standing next to each other civilly when there's a group hang out. Not getting together at a restaurant and trying to make conversation," Heejin argued.

"Can you please just behave for one day?" Jiyeon asked. "I promise you'll like them."

"I just don't want to—,"

"Heejin, stop arguing, they're here," Soyeon cut her off when she saw the three boys walking in. She swallowed hard, captivated by how good looking they all were.

Jiyeon managed to lock down one of the star basketball players and the nicest guy in school, Lee Jeno. He had black hair and the most gorgeous eye smile, drawing everyone's attention to him at all times.

His two best friends, Huang Renjun and Na Jaemin were just as perfect.

Huang Renjun was a transfer student from China, his Korean skills throwing everyone for a loop. He had hair somewhere between blonde and brown, perfect facial features and a playful personality. Oh, and he could sing like an angel, so he was often the lead in choir concerts.

Na Jaemin was probably the most popular of the three. He could walk in a room and everyone would drop what they were doing to stare at him. Renjun and Jeno had nice smiles but they were nothing compared to Jaemin's. He was extremely flirty, hitting on anything that stood in his path, no matter the background. He had a playful personality like the other two, and spent most of his time dancing in the school studio, attracting much attention from the other students.

The boys approached the table, Jeno smiling at Jiyeon when he saw her. His eyes squinted in the cutest way, making Jiyeon's heart leap in her chest. She stood up and put a hand on his shoulder before turning back to the girls.

"Guys, this is Jeno. Jeno, these are my two best friends, Soyeon and Heejin."

Jeno smiled at the two girls. "Nice to meet you," he said. "These are my two best friends Renjun and Jaemin. I guess we got lucky with our numbers." They all chuckled and the boys sat down, Jeno sitting next to Jiyeon on one side while Renjun sat between her and Heejin. Soyeon sat next to Heejin and across from Jaemin, whose eyes hadn't left her since they came in.

"What are you staring at?" Soyeon asked Jaemin, starting to get uncomfortable from the way he was looking at her. She was not one to hide the way she was feeling. If you were making her uncomfortable, she was going to tell you.

"You," he replied nonchalantly. "You're gorgeous."

She felt her face getting hot and looked up at him with wide eyes. "Don't hit on me," she demanded. "I'm not a toy."

"No, toys are much more willing," Jaemin replied. Soyeon's eyes widened bigger as the waitress came over. They all ordered drinks and Jiyeon started conversation, wanting to make the atmosphere less tense.

Jeno sat with his arm slung around her shoulders, the two of them obviously comfortable with each other. Soyeon watched them with a smile on her face as the waitress came over with the drinks.

Jiyeon was telling the story of her first date with Jeno, Soyeon listening intently when she was hit in the face by a straw wrapper. She turned to see Jaemin with his straw in his mouth, obviously used to blow the wrapper at her.

She huffed out a breath of anger. "Do you want to die?" she asked.

"If it's in your arms," he smiled charmingly at her. She took a breath and leaned over to Heejin.

"I'm going to kill him," she whispered.

"I don't blame you," Heejin whispered back. They sat and talked for longer, ordering food and eating together. Jaemin would every so often slide his foot across the floor to Soyeon's side, trying to subtly play with her, only to get a kick in the shin every time.

She leaned over the table after the fourth time, threatening him in a low voice so the others wouldn't listen. "Touch me again and I'll make sure you never have kids."

"That's okay, we can adopt," he winked at her.

She rolled her eyes and continued eating her meat, trying to ignore him. He stared at her, placing a piece of beef in his own mouth as he watched her from across the table.

Feeling his eyes on her, Soyeon looked out of the corner of her eye, making him smile. She kicked him across the table again, making him wince, but then grin even more.

"I like you," he said loud enough for the table to hear. Everyone turned to look at him, though Jaemin only stared at Soyeon.

"This is harassment," she told him. She got up to go to the bathroom, taking a breath as she made her way to the back. She walked in front of the mirror and shook her head. "What the hell is going on?" she asked. "Who does this kid think he is?"

She ran her fingers through her hair and took another breath before washing her hands and exiting the bathroom, only to see Jaemin waiting outside.

"Okay, we just met and you're already freaking me out," she said.

"Oh, sorry, is it too early in our relationship for you to know that I pee?" Jaemin asked. Soyeon grunted and walked past him, listening to his stifled laughs as he walked into the bathroom after her.

"Your friend is a lot," Soyeon said as she sat back down at the table, talking to Jeno and Renjun.

"You get used to him," Renjun told her. "The flirting doesn't end, but your will to live does, so it just stops bothering you."

Soyeon laughed. "I will remember that."