21

Soyeon sat in the library with Jiyeon, the two of them going over their history lesson. They laughed every so often together, taking small breaks to tell stories. Jiyeon put her arm around Soyeon and squeezed tight.

"I've missed our time. When it was just the two of us. I haven't wanted to ask you to hang out because I know you and Jaemin have your own time," Jiyeon said. Soyeon rolled her eyes.

"Don't, oh my god. I love Jaemin but we need time away too," she replied. Jiyeon's eyes went wide and then Soyeon's, realizing what she said.

"YOU LOVE HIM?" Jiyeon practically shouted. Soyeon put her head down as people looked at them. The librarian looked at them in disgust and Jiyeon smiled apologetically.

"We said it today. I know it's so new but—,"

"But you've loved each other for a while. Just because you just started dating doesn't mean you just started loving each other. He did chase after you for a while," Jiyeon interrupted Soyeon. Soyeon smiled.

"I love you. And I wish I hadn't made him wait. I'm just a brat."

Jiyeon took Soyeon's hand. "You have your reasons. As long as you're opening up to him now, I think you're good. And you guys are so cute. Everyone's talking about you guys. How you're such a beautiful couple. Everyone envies you."

"Not Gong Soonyoung," Soyeon replied. Jiyeon raised her eyebrows in response. "He told me he likes me today and he's been extra moody around me and Jaemin. I thought we were cool, but obviously we're not."

"He's probably just being a douche because of everything that happened with him and Jaemin in middle school. Soonyoung might just be using you as an excuse like those stupid guys in movies."

"What happened between them in middle school?" Soyeon asked.

"Jaemin, Jeno, and Soonyoung were like best friends but Renjun moved to Seoul and then the three of them became best friends and Soonyoung kind of fell out of the loop," Jiyeon explained. "Jeno told me about it because apparently Soonyoung still holds a grudge. Every time he sees him in the hallway Jeno tries to say hi but Soonyoung ignores him."

Jiyeon shrugged when she finished. Soyeon swallowed. "What an ass," she mumbled. Jiyeon nodded.

"Agreed. He's probably just mad because he can't live up to our handsome boyfriends," she replied with a smile. Soyeon laughed.

"They are really handsome, aren't they?"

Jiyeon nodded and laughed with her.

•••

When Jiyeon and Soyeon were done studying, Jeno picked the two of them up, dropping Soyeon off at her house. She walked in the house and tip toed up to her room once she saw Sora sleeping on the couch.

She shut her bedroom door and proceeded to look for her charger so she could plug in her phone. When she couldn't find it, she texted Jaemin.

Soyeon
I think I left my charger in your car.

When he didn't answer, she figured he was at the studio getting some dancing in. She put down her phone and watched some Netflix to pass the time until her phone buzzed.

Jaemin
Coming.

She waited for Jaemin to text her to let her know he had arrived, but instead he rang the doorbell, making her gasp and run down the stairs. Sora was already up, groggily rubbing her eyes and reaching for the door handle.

"Sora! I got it!" Soyeon yelled. Sora turned around with tired eyes. Soyeon approached her and opened the door, smiling at Jaemin. Sora saw who it was and widened her eyes before twirling her hair and then running away in embarrassment.

"I—What was that?" Jaemin asked. Soyeon shrugged and opened the door wider for him to come in.

"You want something to eat?" she asked. He shrugged. She took note of his sweaty body, confirming that he had been where she thought he was. "You look so hot right now," she told him. He choked on his own breath, making her smile. 

"Sora, you want cold noodles?!" she shouted into the living room.

"Please!" Sora yelled back. Jaemin shut the door behind him and changed his shoes. Soyeon's mom had put an extra pair of slippers by the doorway to fit Jaemin's feet for whenever he came over.

He smiled at the sight and walked into the kitchen with Soyeon, sitting down at the table while she got the leftover cold noodles out of the fridge. She unwrapped the bowl and divided the noodles into two separate bowls, one for Jaemin and one for Sora.

"Sora! It's on the table!" she shouted again into the living room. She turned to Jaemin. "I'll go get you a cold washcloth." He smiled with a mouth full of noodles before she left the room to go upstairs to the bathroom.

Sora approached the kitchen, patting her hair down. She smiled at Jaemin and sat across from him, beginning to eat her own noodles. "So, how long have you and Soyeon been going out?" she asked Jaemin. He looked up at her with dreamy eyes, making her stomach turn.

"Only a few days, but we've known each other for a while now."

"How come it took you so long to date?" she asked.

Jaemin chuckled. "Your sister's a little...guarded," he replied. Sora rolled her eyes.

"And she always ruins the mood." She laughed to herself. "So if you've only been dating for a few days, that means there's still a chance of me stealing you from her?"

Jaemin looked up at her with wide eyes. "What?"

Sora laughed. "I'm kidding," she lied. Jaemin chuckled nervously, looking outside of the kitchen for Soyeon.

"Oh, that's awkward," he said. "Honestly the answer would be no, there is no chance. I'm completely and utterly obsessed with your sister."

Sora chuckled again. "We'll see about that," she said, smiling at her bowl of noodles. Jaemin shifted uncomfortably in his seat as Soyeon walked back in the room with a wet washcloth. She sat next to Jaemin and pressed it to his head.

"Long practice today?" she asked. Jaemin looked up to see Sora staring back at him and then over at Soyeon. He nodded slowly.

"Yeah, it's been quite a day."