7

"Mom, I'm leaving! They're here!" Soyeon yelled into the kitchen. Her mom rushed out from the other room, her arms open wide to hug her. Soyeon laughed as her mom embraced her. "I'm only gonna be gone for a few days," Soyeon chuckled.

"I know, but I'll miss you so much," her mom said. "Just be safe. No sex, drugs or alcohol, you know the deal."

"Mhm, same to you, nothing wild while I'm gone," Soyeon replied. Her mom pinched her cheek before Soyeon walked out of the house, dragging her suitcase along with her.

The car outside was one of those that seated seven, perfect for their group. Jiyeon sat in the front seat while Jeno drove, Renjun and Heejin in the two backseats, and Jaemin in the seat behind them, an empty spot next to him.

Soyeon put her stuff in the trunk and got into the backseat with Jaemin, not looking over at him. He smiled at the sight of her, looking down at his lap shyly.

They drove for a little while, playing car games to pass the time, but eventually everyone got tired of them, and just listened to the music over the radio.

Soyeon began to feel tired, restless from the lack of sleep she got the night before from all the packing she did. Her eyelids started to droop and her head fell as she drifted off to sleep.

Jaemin, watching her out of the corner of his eye, moved his hand to catch her head. He held her chin, smiling at how cute she was. He slowly moved her head back so it was leaned against the seat, moving a piece of hair out of her face.

She slept for the next hour before they stopped to get something to eat. Jaemin put a hand up to her face, rubbing her cheek with the back of his fingers.

"Soyeon, we're getting something to eat," he whispered. Her eyes fluttered open and he watched her slowly wake up, butterflies in his stomach at the sight of her.

She lifted her head with slightly swollen eyes. "Hm?" she hummed.

"Come on, we're going to eat," he told her. She scrunched her nose and moved her face so he would stop touching her. They got out of the car along with the rest of their friends and got something to eat.

The rest of the ride was peaceful, most of them sleeping some more. Soyeon used Jaemin as a foot rest and put her head on her pillow on the other side, sleeping soundly on the way there.

Once they arrived, they picked their rooms, Jeno and Renjun agreeing to share a room while Jaemin got his own, and Heejin and Soyeon sharing a room while Jiyeon got her own. They all put their stuff down and headed outside to look at the view.

They were right on the beach, so Soyeon sat herself down in the sand next to Renjun and listened to the sound of the ocean crashing against the shore, smiling at how beautiful and quiet it was there.

"This is going to be a good vacation," Renjun said surely. Soyeon nodded in agreement.

"As long as I can sit here and watch the sunset, it's going to be a great vacation," she replied. Heejin came to join them, seating herself next to Soyeon. She linked her arm with Soyeon's, resting her head on her shoulder.

"I love this. My best friends and the beach. It can't get any better than this," Heejin said with a smile. Renjun and Soyeon nodded, smiling with her.

The first night of the trip was simple, they all just hung out outside and Renjun cooked some food for them. They talked for a few hours, laughing about stories they had forgot even existed.

Heejin was the first one to go to sleep, followed by Jiyeon, then Jeno and Renjun, leaving Soyeon and Jaemin, because she wasn't tired and he refused to leave her outside by herself.

Soyeon took a sip from her drink, looking out at the ocean. She didn't want to speak, she liked Jaemin much better when he was silent. Jaemin didn't like to be silent, though.

"I like you," he spoke out. She continued to stare in front of her.

"So I've heard."

"No, I mean like I really like you. And you can try and tell me you don't like me but I know that even if it's deep down inside you, you feel something for me too. I saw it at the ice cream shop."

There was a pause and Soyeon turned to look at him, her face expressionless. He turned to her with a smile, running his fingers through some of her hair.

"I'm gonna get some sleep. You should too. Don't stay out here too long, okay?"

She nodded as he stood up and walked inside.

"Goodnight," he said before shutting the door behind him. Soyeon turned back to the ocean, her thoughts running wild. She hadn't expected him to be so serious, but then again, she hadn't expected him to be so serious in the ice cream shop either.

She shook off the feeling again, not wanting to let him get under her skin. She stood up and walked inside, ready to call it quits for the night.