14

After school, Soyeon found herself aimlessly walking to Jaemin's car. She waited on her phone until she heard footsteps approaching her, and looked up to see Jaemin looking down at her with a smile.

"Miss me?" he asked with a smirk. She rolled her eyes and he ruffled her hair before opening the door for her. She got in and he walked around to the driver's side. "Oh, by the way, I told the group that we would hang out today because I want to show off our new status as a couple."

Soyeon looked over at him. "How many people have you told already?" she asked. Jaemin pursed his lips in thought.

"Hmmm, maybe my entire lunch period?"

He began driving away and Soyeon's eyes widened. "You—," she was going to argue with him, but then smirked. "You're totally whipped."

Jaemin's mouth dropped. "No, you!"

Soyeon laughed. "You wish I was whipped." She crossed her arms and leaned back in the seat. "You should come over today."

Jaemin looked over at her for a second with a smile. "So I can meet your mom?"

"I guess..."

"Oh she'll love me!" Jaemin exclaimed excitedly. Soyeon put her head in her lap, trying to stifle her laugh. They pulled up to a cafe nearby, seeing Jeno and Jiyeon walk in.

Jaemin leaned over to Soyeon's side of the car, making her flustered. His face was so close to hers, his nose was practically touching her cheek. She swallowed and looked over at him.

"What?" she asked.

"You're so pretty," he said, placing a kiss on her cheek before unbuckling her seatbelt. She released the breath she was holding with a smile, getting out of the car. Jaemin waited for her. "Let me hold your hand," he said. She nodded and reached her hand out, slightly surprising him. He beamed and intertwined their fingers, swinging their hands back and forth.

"Ahhh, my girlfriend is so pretty," he said, holding her hand up to his cheek. She couldn't help the laugh that escaped her lips. They walked into the cafe where Jiyeon, Jeno and Renjun were already seated.

"Ahh, look at the new couple!" Renjun threw his hands out to welcome them. Soyeon's face turned red and Jaemin held her closer to him as they approached the table.

Jiyeon stood up and hugged Soyeon, having to get a one armed hug in return since Jaemin wouldn't let go. They all sat down and ordered coffee.

"So, tell us how it happened," Jeno said. "I'm very interested in knowing how Jaemin finally won you over, Soyeon."

Soyeon smiled and looked at Jaemin, who was looking down at her hand, running his thumb up and down her fingers. "It all kind of happened really fast," Soyeon said. "One second we were fighting, and the next we were...not fighting."

"Kissing," Jaemin corrected, still not looking up from her hand. Soyeon's eyes widened and the others laughed. They stayed there for a little while before Soyeon looked at the time.

"Oh, we gotta go," she said. "It's almost dinner time at my house."

"I'm meeting her mom," Jaemin winked at them. Renjun fist bumped him and Jaemin and Soyeon left the cafe. She opened her side and Jaemin stood behind her, his mouth wide.

"What?" she asked, holding the door open.

"I'm supposed to open the door for you!" he pouted. She rolled her eyes and shut the door. He walked around and got in quickly, reaching over to put her seatbelt on for her. As he was leaned over her, he placed a soft kiss on her nose and then sat back down in his seat.