12

The next day the group just hung out on the beach, swimming, eating, talking, etc. At the end of the day they decided to head back that night instead of waiting until the morning, since Heejin had a doctor's appointment the next day and they didn't want to risk her missing it.

They sat in the same seats as the ride down, the only people who were talking were Jeno and Jiyeon, trying to stay awake for the drive. Soyeon shivered in the backseat from the power of the air conditioning. She reached up and closed the vent, which didn't do much.

"Jiyeon," she whispered, trying not to wake the others. "Jiyeon turn the air conditioning off, I'm freezing."

Jiyeon turned around and shook her head. "It keeps us awake," she said. "Just close the vent."

"That doesn't do anything," Soyeon complained. She leaned back with a sigh, hugging her body. Jaemin, who had been sitting with his eyes closed, opened them and took his sweatshirt off, handing it to Soyeon.

She looked at him and took it from his hands. "Thanks," she whispered. He smiled and then hugged his own body, realizing just how cold it was in the car. Soyeon pursed her lips before taking off her seatbelt and scooting closer to him, putting the sweatshirt over both of their legs.

She took one of his airpods and put her head on his shoulder. He smiled and put his cheek on her head, taking a deep breath as he closed his eyes. They slept like that for the rest of the ride home.

They dropped Heejin off first at her house, then Soyeon. Renjun had to reach back and wake her up, waking Jaemin up along with her. She slightly stirred and then handed him back his sweatshirt, climbing out of the car.

She thanked Jeno and Renjun and hugged Jiyeon before she went into her house. She practically collapsed on her bed when she went inside, only to roll over and pick up her phone to send a text to Jaemin.

Soyeon
Idk why I'm sending this to you now but um...I think I'm ready for you to tell me what's been on your mind.

Jaemin
You.

Soyeon's heart fluttered at the sight of the text. Her fingers hovered over the screen, trying to think of something to respond with. Lucky for her, she didn't have to.

Jaemin
I'm usually not a softy, but god whenever you're around my walls just come down. You're literally in my head, you're under my skin, you're in my blood. I feel like everything I do lately is for you. I know I'm annoying, but I've never felt this way about anyone in my life and it all happened so fast I don't even know what to do with myself. I walked into the restaurant that first day and it was like my brain knew you were gonna change my life.

Soyeon
I'm so confused.

Jaemin
I know. You don't have to push yourself. I'm not pushing you. I just want you to let me in. Stop pushing me away.

Soyeon
...Okay.

•••

Soyeon woke up the next morning dreading school. She regretted texting Jaemin the night before, and felt very uncomfortable at the thought of the conversation they had before. She tried to push down the thought and got ready, putting on her usual school uniform and drying her hair.

Her phone buzzed while she was eating breakfast, and she almost choked when she looked at the screen.

Jaemin
I'm driving you to school today. Be there in five.

Soyeon's eyes widened and she jumped up, leaving her food on the table. "Mom! I have to go!" she yelled.

"What?" her mom called back from the other room. "I always drive you to school!"

"Not today! Bye love you!"

She ran out the door and as far down the street as she could get before stopping to send a text to Jaemin.

Soyeon
Sorry, I'm already walking:(

Jaemin
Just tell me where you are, I'll pick you up.

Soyeon
You should stop texting and driving.

She shut her phone off so she couldn't receive anymore messages from him, and walked the rest of the way to the bus stop so she could get a ride to school.

When she arrived, she went to her locker, only to find Jaemin standing by it. Once she saw him down the hallway, she turned around, hoping she could stop by after this period to get the things she needed.

"Soyeon!"

She closed her eyes and turned around, opening them to see Jaemin looking at her. She forced a small smile and approached him slowly, holding onto her backpack straps for support.

"Why didn't you tell me where you were so I could pick you up?" he asked. She pulled out her phone, showing him the black screen.

"My phone died after you texted me, so I couldn't send a message back."

Jaemin took the phone from her hand. "Your phone died at 8 o'clock in the morning?" he asked, pressing the button to turn it on. The screen lit up and he looked at her, sighing. "If you're regretting what you said last night you should just tell me."

"I'm regretting what I said last night," Soyeon replied almost immediately. Jaemin looked at her and then his eyes dropped to the floor and he chuckled bitterly, nodding.

He put a hand on her shoulder and then walked by her. "Thanks for being honest," he mumbled before making his way down the hallway. Soyeon closed her eyes and tried to swallow down the lump in her throat.

————————————————————————

*gasps dramatically*

how are you enjoying the story??? i honestly really love this story and i love writing it and ahhh i just love it.

if i am being completely honest, i'm not a jaemin stan, but i feel like he's such boyfriend material and it's super easy to write a story about him.

i hope you love it, because i love writing it. i'll keep updating, so thanks for reading it!!!

<3