9

When Jeno and Jiyeon got back from town, they were surprised to hear the story about Soyeon getting stung by the jellyfish, and took a lot of time to convince her to go back out so they could build sandcastles.

She agreed, but stayed a safe distance away from the water, not wanting to set herself up for danger again. Her foot was still in pain, but a lot less pain than it had been in before Jaemin treated it.

Renjun sat down next to her while the other four played in the sand. "How's it feel?" he asked.

"Better," Soyeon answered, assuming he was talking about her sting.

"I'm not talking about your foot," Renjun chuckled. She looked at him with curious eyes. "How does it feel to have feelings for Jaemin?"

Soyeon's eyes widened. "I—I don't have feelings for Jaemin..." she said, uncomfortable.

"He told me about your little moment in the bathroom. Unless he made it up." When Soyeon stayed quiet, Renjun nodded with a chuckle. "I didn't think so. Don't worry, you're not the first to fall for Jaemin's charms. But you are the first to get him to fall back. Hard, too. He doesn't shut up about you."

Soyeon turned to him and he smiled.

"He came into our room last night and woke us up just so he could tell us about how pretty you looked under the moonlight," Renjun continued. He laughed at the thought and then patted Soyeon's back before standing up and joining the rest of the group.

Jaemin took note of the free spot next to Soyeon and occupied it quickly, turning to smile at her. "Why hello, beautiful," he greeted her.

"What?" she asked.

"Ouch, I thought we really had something," he pouted. She sighed.

"Jaemin, can't I just sit on the beach and watch my friends make sandcastles in peace?" she practically begged, turning to look at him. The look in his eyes made her heart skip a beat.

"No," he replied. She groaned and put her head in between her knees. He smiled and patted the back of her head, playing with her hair.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Soyeon's muffled voice spoke in between her legs. Jaemin tilted his head so he was looking up at her.

"Doing what?" he asked.

"Confusing me," she replied, her squished face making him smile even wider. She lifted her head and ran her fingers through her hair. "If I had never met you I'd still be living my life, not worried about annoying boys following me around."

"I don't think it's the annoying boy following you around that's bothering you," Jaemin told her. "I think it's your feelings. Have you ever had feelings for anyone in your life?"

She rested her cheek on her knees, looking at him. She shook her head and he nodded, trying to keep the smile to a minimum. "I can show you the ropes," Jaemin replied.

"Have you ever had feelings for anyone in your life?" Soyeon asked. Jaemin pursed his lips and then shook his head.

"No, but I've seen plenty of people fall for me. Plus, I've liked you for a while now, so you tend to just let your feelings guide you after a while," he explained.

"No," she answered abruptly, standing up. "Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope."

Jaemin stood up after her, trying to keep up as she walked back towards the house. "No what?" he asked.

"No to this. I don't like you, Jaemin. I'm barely even used to you. I just got used to your presence and now you want to throw this at me? Let's just not. Okay? Cool."

She spun around and walked into the house, preparing to take a shower. Jaemin watched her, his lips slightly parted in shock. His gawking expression turned into a smirk, and he licked his lips before turning around to join the rest of the group again.

•••

They all decided after a little while that they were going to take Jiyeon's dad's boat out because Renjun had a boat license (yeah), so they all gathered up at around 2 and started loading up the boat.

Soyeon walked down the sand with a bag of food and towels in her hands, trying to see over the stack of cloth. Jeno saw her struggling and grabbed the towels from her hands, helping her onto the boat.

It was a pontoon so it could fit all of them comfortably. Renjun started up the boat when everyone was ready and seated, and they began driving the boat out into the water.

"Look at all the fish!" Heejin exclaimed, looking over the side of the boat. She wore a bucket hat on her head that immediately slipped off when she tilted her head forward.

Soyeon and Jiyeon laughed like crazy at her, Soyeon trying to comfort her while giggling at her foolishness. Jaemin walked over to the cooler and grabbed two water bottles. He brought one over to Soyeon and then began drinking out of the other.

Heejin turned to look at Soyeon with a smirk. "He's totally whipped," she whispered.

"Shut up," Soyeon replied.

Renjun stopped at a random part of the water, just letting the boat float since there wasn't anyone else near them. Soyeon stood up and took her cover up off, revealing her one piece bathing suit.

Jaemin's mouth went dry at the sight of her. He watched her as she took the sunscreen that Heejin was using and applied it on herself, and then walked to the back of the boat to lay out in the sun.

She laid on her stomach at first, her perfect figure shown. Jaemin leaned his head back, running his hands over his face and his hair. "I'm losing it," he said. Jeno, who was sitting next to him, laughed and patted his back, knowing what he was talking about.

Heejin went and joined Soyeon on the back of the boat, the two of them sunbathing together. When it had been long enough, they flipped over, just soaking up the sun.

Renjun, Jeno and Jaemin chilled out drinking soda/water and talking about whatever came to their minds. Jiyeon fed some ducks that were swimming by with some chips that Soyeon had packed.

Everything was perfect until a giant wave from a passing boat came by and rocked their pontoon back and forth aggressively, knocking Soyeon off of her spot on the boat and into the water.