19

"Your sister?" Jaemin asked over the phone.

"Yeah," Soyeon answered, taking out her earrings. She placed them on the table and then got in bed with her phone, looking at Jaemin on the other end of the call. He smiled at her.

"You're so pretty."

She smiled and rolled her eyes. "You're such a sap." She opened her mouth to tell him something else when there was a knock on the door. "Come in," she called out. Sora opened the door with a small smile.

"Hey, wanna have sister time?" she asked. Soyeon bit her lip.

"Can we have sister time in like ten minutes?" she asked. Sora furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why? You busy or something?" Soyeon flipped her phone around so Sora and Jaemin were looking at each other. "Oh, who's this?" Sora asked, sitting on the bed.

"Hi, I'm Jaemin," Jaemin introduced himself, waving on the screen. "I'm Soyeon's boyfriend."

Sora's eyes widened. "Boyfriend? You have a boyfriend and you didn't even tell me?"

Soyeon shrugged. "It's fairly new."

Jaemin chuckled and took a breath. "Hey beautiful, I'm gonna let you hang with your sister, I'll text you before I go to bed."

Soyeon looked at him and nodded. "Okay."

"I'll pick you up tomorrow morning," he continued. She nodded again and he smiled.

"Goodnight beautiful."

"Goodnight," she replied with a blushy smile.

They hung up and Sora smirked at her sister, poking her arm. "You're so whipped!" she exclaimed. "I mean, he's more whipped, but you're whipped too! It's so cute! He's super hot."

Soyeon scoffed. "Oh my god, you're so weird," she said. Sora laughed and pushed Soyeon's shoulder.

"Come on, you missed me."

"Of course I did," Soyeon replied quietly. "You're my sister."

Sora sighed. "You always kill the mood," she grunted. "But I missed you too." She pulled Soyeon into a hug, nuzzling her head into Soyeon's shoulder. "I love you," she whispered.

"Love you too," Soyeon replied.

•••

Sora took the opportunity to wake Soyeon up the next morning for school, excited that she had someone to take care of again. She tickled her awake, something only she got pleasure out of.

The two girls ate breakfast with their mom and then Jaemin texted Soyeon to tell her he was there. "Awww, leaving already?" Sora asked. "I'll come outside and meet your boyfriend!"

Sora followed Soyeon outside, where Jaemin was waiting by Soyeon's side of the car with the door open. She smiled as he placed a kiss on her cheek. He looked over at Sora and smiled politely.

"Good morning," he greeted her.

"Hi," she replied, taking note of how much more attractive he was in person. She swallowed hard and looked at Soyeon. "I'll uh—see you later."

She turned around and went back in the house, leaving Jaemin to shut Soyeon's door and get in the car with her. "Your sister's a little awkward," he noted.

"Maybe she's nervous around my handsome boyfriend," Soyeon said, putting a hand on Jaemin's head with a chuckle. Jaemin laughed and took her hand off of his head, kissing it and then placing their hands in between them, not letting go.

They pulled up to the school and Jaemin brought Soyeon to her locker, watching the hallway around them to search for any sign of Soonyoung. "Oh," Soyeon muttered as a piece of paper slipped out of her locker.

She picked it up off of the floor and opened it up. Inside written in sloppy handwriting were the words 'Why Na Jaemin?'.

She rolled her eyes and crumpled it up, throwing it in a trash can nearby. "What did it say?" Jaemin asked as Soyeon closed her locker.

"Nothing," she answered. "It was stupid." She took his hand and smiled up at him, making him so flustered he forgot what they were talking about. They walked down the hallway to her class, where they stopped to say their goodbyes.

She kissed his cheek and let go of his hand. "W-When did you get so confident?" Jaemin asked. "You're making me all nervous."

Soyeon chuckled and placed a hand on his cheek before turning to walk in the room. "I'll see you in algebra," she said.

She had forgotten that Soonyoung was in her third period class, and when she walked in, he approached her immediately. "Did you get my letter?" he asked. She looked over at him.

"That was you? Why didn't you just come talk to me? A little creepy, don't you think?"

Soonyoung swallowed. "I didn't know if I would have the courage to approach you."

Soyeon sat down in her usual seat, Soonyoung sitting in front of her. "Why wouldn't you have the courage to approach me?" she asked, pretending like Jaemin hadn't told her about their conversation.

"Because I like you," he answered quickly. Soyeon's eyes widened.

"You—Huh?"

"I like you. And I think Na Jaemin is a douche. He doesn't deserve you. Or any girl. Don't date him."

Soyeon's brain was rattled, and she wasn't sure what to do with this new information. The teacher began talking before she could answer though, and Soonyoung was forced to turn around.

She shuddered in disgust and pulled out her phone to text Jaemin.

Soyeon
You are not going to believe what just happened.

Jaemin
Spill.

Soyeon
Gong Soonyoung just told me he likes me.

Jaemin
*sigh* Old news

Soyeon
-_-

Jaemin
Do you want me to walk you to your next class? Intimidate him a little bit?

Soyeon
I mean you're not intimidating but okay.

Jaemin
*gasps dramatically* HOW RUDE NOW I AM NOT WALKING YOU TO YOUR NEXT CLASS

Soyeon
Babyyyyyy

Jaemin
B-baby? GOD IF I COULD I WOULD COME NOW. I'LL BE THERE AFTER CLASS.

Soyeon chuckled to herself and put her phone back in her bag.