11

Soyeon laid awake in her bed for hours, staring up at the ceiling while her mind ran at 100 mph. She had tried to close her eyes a million times, only for them to open back up again because she was tired of seeing Jaemin's face behind her eyelids.

She sat up in bed, hunching over to put her face in her hands and run her fingers through her hair. She looked over at Heejin who was sound asleep and sighed, feeling like she was mocking her.

Soyeon got out of bed and left the room, heading downstairs to get a glass of water. She thought about the way he looked at her when they were outside the night before, the way he told her how he felt about her.

She thought about the way he made her feel when they were in the bathroom, how he did everything in his power to help her, and how every part of her desperately wanted to kiss him.

She thought about the way he was the first person to dive into the water for her and heal her wound when she was hurt. She took a sip of her water and then put her head down on the counter, groaning.

"Rough night?"

Soyeon looked up to see Renjun, walking over to the fridge to get himself something to drink as well. "You have no idea," she said. "My head is spinning."

"Yeah, Jaemin will do that to you."

"What makes you think it's about Jaemin?" Soyeon replied. Renjun removed the bottle of juice from his mouth and smiled at her.

"Come on, you can't tell me that you've had all these moments together recently and you're not even feeling a twinge of something for him," Renjun stated. Soyeon shook her head, though her stomach was in knots.

"I don't."

Renjun smiled again. "If I hadn't seen the way you were looking at him earlier, I might just believe you right now." He walked past her and patted her on the shoulder. "The sooner you admit it, the better," he told her. "Because god knows I am tired of watching Jaemin pull his own hair out over you."

He walked back upstairs and Soyeon leaned against the counter with a sigh. She bit her lip and took a breath before walking back up the stairs.

As she was walking to her room, Jaemin was walking out of the bathroom, and he stopped when he saw her. "Why are you still up?" he asked.

"Why do you care?" she replied.

"You know why."

Soyeon swallowed and shrugged. "I needed water. I'm going to bed now." She opened her bedroom door and walked in, taking no time before she shut the door behind her. Jaemin bit his lip and sighed before going into his own room.

Soyeon got under the covers and closed her eyes, only to hear the sound of her phone buzz. She picked it up and groaned at the name on the screen.

Jaemin
Get some sleep. You need the rest.

Soyeon
K.

Jaemin
K? Damn you really do hate me.

Jaemin
Is now an inappropriate time to tell you what's on my mind? Because I've been up for hours thinking about you.

Soyeon
Yes. Very inappropriate timing. Goodnight.

She put her phone back on the charger and rolled over, not turning around again to see if Jaemin had replied or not. She refused to let him get inside of her head.

Jaemin laid in his own bed, staring at his phone screen while he typed up his next message.

Jaemin
I'm falling in love with you.

Jaemin
I'm falling in love with y|

Jaemin
I'm falling in love|

Jaemin
I'm fa|

Jaemin
|

Jaemin
Goodnight.