Chapter 6

Few days later - Friday

At Hashmore High School, the students are already dismissed by their last subject teacher and are ready to go home. Ecstasy is the last person to leave the classroom, said goodbye to the science teacher named Professor Harvey Newton, and approaches her friends, who are staying at their lockers. Ecstasy asks them "So any plans for today?" and her friends said that they have their own shifts from their part-time jobs, except for Marty, who is skateboarding at the park everyday. Ecstasy feels sad that she'll have to do nothing in the house and just bored herself to death, her friends comfort her.

Ecstasy and her friends are walking in the hallway until they see Zack and Jeffrey leaving the detention room for causing a fight earlier at the cafeteria. Principal made them apologize to each other and they both swears not to do it again. Principal is satisfied and dismisses them, Zack said "On the contrary, I wasn't the first one who started it", which makes Jeffrey angry and tries to punch him, but Melissa came to stop them. She drags Jeffrey outside while Zack is reunited with Damien, Drake and his friends.

In the school courtyard, Jeffrey tells everyone how much he hates Zack and Stephanie replied that "Violence won't solve everything, it will makes things worse". They see Zack and his friends walking outside and walks away from them. Ecstasy tells Jeffrey "Forget about him, Jeff. Let's go home instead" and he replied "I can't go home, I have a shift today". Ecstasy gets furious about not having a job and walks away, Jeffrey asks "Should I ask why?" and they all said "No", then joins Ecstasy.

While walking in the street, Ecstasy is still angry with her arms crossed and starts asking her friends about their part-time jobs.

Stephanie: Yeah? Still angry at us?
Ecstasy: No, not angry. Just envious that you all have a part-time jobs and not me.
Marty: I don't have a part-time job. If that what makes you feel better.
Ecstasy: It doesn't. What are you jobs even?
Stephanie: Since you ask, I work at Starbacks.
Melissa: Wow!
Jeffrey: When?
Stephanie: Last week, I was just having ordering some coffee at the counter and there where I saw a sign that says "Now Hiring (Part Time only)". After receiving my coffee with my name spelled incorrectly...
Marty: What did it says?
Stephanie: It says "Steffany". Anyway, I asks the person who hand me my coffee about the job. That person brings me to the manager's office and the manager asks me dozens of questions.
Ecstasy: What kind of questions?
Stephanie: like "why you wanna work here?", "do you know how to make coffee?" and etc. And with the best answers I can give, he hired me and then asks me what time will you work and I said afternoon after school.
Melissa: And how was it working in there?
Stephanie: It's great! You make my coffee and spells the customers' names wrong even though I knew how to spell it, I just want to mess with it (laughs)
Ecstasy: What about you, Melissa?
Melissa: Well, I work at McDonalds as a cashier. And the best thing about working in that place, is you can get to eat their food there.
Marty: Really! All of their foods?
Melissa: Affirmative but it just a medium sized meal like six pieces chicken nuggets or something.
Jeffrey: And how do you even get the job?
Melissa: Oh, my parents recommended me to work there and I agree because of the food and the salary as well.
Ecstasy: Free food? You're lucky. What about you Jeffery?
Jeffrey: I work at Baskin-Robbins, serving thirty-one delicious ice cream flavors to customer and no, you cannot taste the ice cream for free unless you pay.
Marty: Thirty-one flavors? You sure?
Jeffrey: It's in the sign, bro.
Marty: (finally realized) Oh, so that what it is.
Jeffrey: (disappointed) How on Earth can you missed that one?
Marty: Hey! I came there to eat ice cream, not to read the restaurant signs except for the bathroom signs, that's really important.
Jeffrey: Hmmm.
Ecstasy: Guys, can I ask you a favour? Can you inform me if there's any job openings because I would love to work there with you.