Chapter 8

The next day - Sunday

At the Hills residence, Beverly and Dovelyn are staying on the bedroom, sitting on the bed with Dovelyn's assistant Erin Heartman, her red-haired Korean stepsister, applying make-up on their face and camera standing in front of them. Erin finishes putting make-up onto their faces and silently went to the corner of the room, facing the other way around.

Dovelyn asks her "Are you ready to shoot a video?" and notices that she's not paying attention, so she pats her back. Beverly finally recovers and said "What?", Dovelyn exhaustively repeats the questions and she agrees. Dovelyn turns on the camera and begins shooting the video.

In the video, Dovelyn greets her fans and introduce Beverly as her guests. She announces that they will be doing a challenge video today which is the "chapstick challenge", where you have the guess what flavor the chapstick is while being blindfolded and if you got it incorrect, Erin will slap you in the face. Dovelyn asks her if her opponent is ready and she agrees, then they begin the challenge.

Beverly starts the first round and blindfolded herself and Dovelyn shows the apple cider-flavoured chapstick to the camera and then start applying it on her lips. Dovelyn approaches Beverly, where she begins to kiss her lips to identify what flavor is it and it seems she recognized that taste. She guesses that the flavour is apple cider and got it correctly. On the next round with Dovelyn already blindfolded, Beverly shows the cherry-flavoured chapstick to the camera and starts applying on it until Dovelyn is able to guess it. Beverly is shocked that she got it right and Dovelyn explains that she can smell the scent of the chapstick.

The next round, Dovelyn shows the bacon-flavoured chapstick to the camera and lets Beverly to guess it. Unfortunately, she got it incorrectly and gets a hard slap from Erin. She whispers to Beverly's ears that she deeply apologizes while Dovelyn laughs hysterically until she starts tearing.

Once the video is finished, Dovelyn claims that she had fun the most and went to the kitchen downstairs to grabs some refreshing pink lemonade from the fridge. Beverly follows her and chats with her.

Dovelyn: (pouring the pitcher of pink lemonade into her glass) You know you seem distracted today? Care to tell me why?
Beverly: Um... Last night, I just saw my best friend talking to my ex-boyfriend.
Dovelyn: (sipping her pink lemonade) Oh no. Which one? The black one or the dumb one?
Beverly: Well, that's racist. No, its actually a new one. She is very sweet and always happy like all the time.
Dovelyn: (putting the pitcher back to the fridge) So, she is basically gay, then?
Beverly: Okay, you're starting to be mean.
Dovelyn: (turns around and face her) What, i'm just trying to clarify things, that's all.
Beverly: Ah, you could have seen it. They were both eating, chatting and laughing all the way.
Dovelyn: Bummer. So, what are you gonna do about it?
Beverly: Nothing. I don't know.
Dovelyn: You know, people always says that "curiosity killed the cat" but a cat has nine lives and as people, we only die once. So I say, be that cat because you deserve to know what happened that night. But don't die 'cause I'm not going to be responsible if you got killed! I'm just a influencer.
Beverly: Yeah! I need to know.
Dovelyn: Alright then.
Beverly: Anyway, you have been dumped before, right...
Dovelyn: Oh, plenty, darling.
Beverly: I'm just curious, what do you do to get over it?
Dovelyn: (walks to the living room and sits on a couch) Simple, I just sent them a food basket of delicious eclairs with white creamy sauce, sometimes chocolate.
Beverly: (sits beside her) Really? Why though?
Dovelyn: Its kinda like a thank you note that we both made the right decision and I moved on. But the sauce is actually my dog's semen.
Beverly: (disgusted) Ew! Gross!
Dovelyn: I know right and they still eating it without realizing it. That's my little revenge on them for breaking my heart. Have you heard about "soggy biscuit"?
Beverly: No, but it sounds gross.
Dovelyn: Not only that, it much worse than what I did.
Beverly: Oh, why I am so desperate all the sudden. I just love him so much it hurts.
Dovelyn: But the question is... does he loves you still like the way he used to before? If he doesn't then, I guess its time to move on.
Beverly: Or maybe he just wants some time for himself or some space. And I'll wait 'til he finally realized that he misses me and we can get back together again and everything would be back to normal.
Dovelyn: Girl, I don't know what fairytale or movie you are living right now. But it doesn't work in reality. Things don't ever changed, it just stays like that.
Beverly: We never know.
Dovelyn: Eh! It's your call, not mine (starts using her phone, ignoring her)
Beverly: (looks to the other side, wandering)
_________________________________________________
The next day - Monday