Chapter 13

Melissa went upstairs and slowly enters his room after knocking the door. In his room, she sees him facing the window, crying. Melissa calls his name and Dylan turns around, only to reveal himself to her and she is flabbergasted to see his hideous and deformed face. Then, he start calling himself a "monster" repeatedly while she covers her mouth in terror.

His mother suddenly came inside and grabs her arm, then brings her outside of his room. She closes his door and talks to her about his son's condition.

Melissa: What's wrong with his face? I thought he is sick or something.
Mother: Well, he was sick yesterday, but now, he has some severe allergies.
Melissa: What kind of allergies?
Mother: My son is terribly allergic to any kind of nuts like peanuts, cashews, you name it.
Melissa: Did you bring him to the doctor's?
Mother: Yes, earlier this morning. We had the same reaction as you are today. The doctor gave us an EpiPen and I'll use it on him right now.
Melissa: EpiPen?
Mother: It's an injection containing epinephene so that means.
Melissa: It can reverse severe low blood pressure, wheezing, severe skin itching, hives, and other symptoms of an allergic reaction.
Mother: Yeah, like that. How did you know that?
Melissa: Science class. Plus, my mother is a doctor. Anyways, how did this happen? Like did he accidentally ate something or what?
Mother: Yeah, we had breakfast and he ate a cookie this morning and then this happen.
Melissa: A cookie, you say? Who gave it to him?
Mother: He said it was a Grade 11 student, girl, who has a British accent.
Melissa: (surprised) Oh, thank you so much for that information. I should get going now. It's getting late.
Mother: Alright! Thanks for stopping by. Hey, by the way, you said you and my son are friends?
Melissa: Yeah, we're seatmates actually, so yeah.

Melissa left Dylan'a house and said to herself "I can't believe Rebecca would ever do this. I mean that man is a worst, but he should not suffer like that. She must pay for this". Then, walks away going to her apartment.

After school, the limousine arrives to the Hills residence and Beverly steps out of the limousine. She came inside and sees Rebecca talking to Dovelyn and her boyfriend Jackson Spears in the kitchen, laughing of course. Beverly asks them "What are you guys laughing at? Is it Jackson's newest comedy skit in Instagram?" and Dovelyn replied "No, we were laughing of how you were humiliated at the cafeteria by Rebecca".

Beverly denies that she wasn't embarassed, but she was offended instead, Rebecca confronts her and said to her "You sure about that" and smacks her butt. Rebecca also said "Ooh, you haven't work out on that flat arse, yet. I was expecting to get bigger by now, what a shame". Beverly notices that Dovelyn and Jackson are laughing at her again, so she slaps Rebecca in the face and said "You like that, English bitch?!"

Rebecca smiles at her and claps for her, saying that she finally learns how to fight back and she was waiting for that to happen. Rebecca tells her she will no longer make of fun, if she only joins her side. Beverly refuses to, but her friends said that they would support her if they go to same school, but sadly they dropped out and get famous instead. Beverly still declines until Rebecca said that Drake is on her side, and from that, she changes her mind and picks her side.

After Dovelyn and Jackson left her house for their photoshoot together, Rebecca and Beverly are drinking their pink lemonade and Rebecca starts sharing her thoughts with Beverly about her friends. She thinks that Jackson is extremely awful in making comedy skits on Instagram, like most of his videos are badly written, poorly executed, too cringey in so many ways and lack of content and originality. And she also said that Dovelyn is racist and sizeist, too narcissictic by her beauty and an attention-seeking whore.